The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by marinadr
Is there anyone who doesn't have a room yet? I've reserved one in Butler Court, but now I want to cancel it because I'm goint to live in a friend's house. The university said that the only way to cancel the reservation is to find a student who hasn't applied for accomodation yet to re-occupy the room. If someone's interested, please write me an email at [mod edit: don't post personal contact details - use the PM system]
Thank you in advance :smile:

My cousin will be interested pls contact me if it still available. Thanks
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by OliSuter
I got into Loughborough as my insurance choice and have just found out that there are no halls available to me that are affiliated to the university and they have said that my only options are a private hall or a house. Is anybody else in the same situation? If so what do you plan on doing?

Loughborough was my firm choice but i only applied for accomodation about 2 weeks ago. So i am in the same position as you. I am unsure of what i can do but im going to have to get private accomodation.
Original post by OliSuter
I got into Loughborough as my insurance choice and have just found out that there are no halls available to me that are affiliated to the university and they have said that my only options are a private hall or a house. Is anybody else in the same situation? If so what do you plan on doing?

Have you tried the Holt? It's not officially a hall anymore but I'm pretty sure it's affiliating to one of the halls. Think it's Butler Court, but I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anybody who didnt get into halls but hotel with falk egg? or the private accomm?
Reply 1644
Original post by jithinr77
Loughborough was my firm choice but i only applied for accomodation about 2 weeks ago. So i am in the same position as you. I am unsure of what i can do but im going to have to get private accomodation.

Which private accommodation are you likely to be going for?
Reply 1645
Wi
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1646
Original post by Zoehallam
has anybody who didnt get into halls but hotel with falk egg? or the private accomm?

Yeah im in this position aswell, the hotel is looking the most likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1647
Will trade ensuite 4ft double bed room at Asha house (private hall) 10 mins away from campus for a self-catered option on campus - anyone interested?
Does anyone know anything about Radmoor Student Accommodation? Is it recommended? I searched the whole web no one seems to be living there!! I'm desperate
Reply 1649
I have a room in Robert Bakewell to get rid of if anyone wants it. Let me know ASAP
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1650
Are the halls mixed between 1st 2nd and 3rd years or are they all in different parts :smile:
Original post by A.mack96
Are the halls mixed between 1st 2nd and 3rd years or are they all in different parts :smile:

Mainly segregated into 'fresher' blocks (first years only) and 'returner' blocks (2nd, 3rd and 4th years mixed). Some returners get mixed into fresher blocks, but it's relatively rare. Postgrads only share with other postgrads.
Original post by A.mack96

Im in my first year and was put in a flat with some older students, we've still become good friends and its not anything to worry about.
Hey Guys, I can't make up my mind between Harry French and William Morris. I am going to study Economics. I am an athlete as well. In both halls I would like to get a studio flat.
Can you please explain what the actual difference between Studio Flat and Double bedroom self-contained flat in Harry French as well as between Studio Flat and one bedroom self contained flat in William Morris.
Also which hall from your expirience you think would be more suitable for me?
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I got accepted for MBA 2014/15. I am thinking of firming the offer in a week or so.
I was wondering if someone could guide me to what accommodation to choose.
I like to party and make lots of friends and I am kinda young compare to the MBA average crowd(very young :colondollar:).
As I m an international student and MBA demands a lot of activities I have to stay in campus only. So feel free to give any advice :biggrin:

Thanks a lot!
Original post by gio9420
Hey Guys, I can't make up my mind between Harry French and William Morris. I am going to study Economics. I am an athlete as well. In both halls I would like to get a studio flat.
Can you please explain what the actual difference between Studio Flat and Double bedroom self-contained flat in Harry French as well as between Studio Flat and one bedroom self contained flat in William Morris.
Thanks in advance.

Studio flats in Harry French (of which there are only 4) are in a block called West Grove, which is where all the hall committee members live and it gets very loud (believe me, I lived there for a year). They're also pretty small, so I can't say I'd recommend it. Double bedroom self contained flats are in East Grove, which is a lot quieter. They consist of a separate (very large) bedroom, kitchen/dining room and a small bathroom. Not sure, but I think some may even have living rooms.

I don't fully know the situation in William Morris, but I think the studio flats are pretty large and are situated in the new blocks with all the en-suite flats.
Original post by gio9420
Thanks in advance.

William Morris is a lot closer to campus so therefore closer to your facilities. Bill Mo is a great hall, you got a big number of students so you're bound to make lots of friends. Majority of the swimmers are in Bill Mo. If that's your sport. Are you an undergrad? Any reason why you're getting a studio flat?
Reply 1657
Original post by IanLim93
William Morris is a lot closer to campus so therefore closer to your facilities. Bill Mo is a great hall, you got a big number of students so you're bound to make lots of friends. Majority of the swimmers are in Bill Mo. If that's your sport. Are you an undergrad? Any reason why you're getting a studio flat?

It's about 1 minute closer
How good is John Phillips ? Is it full of chines ? Or mixed international crowd ?
Thank for the info. It really helps. :smile:

Yes I am an undergraduate and I want to get a studio flat because I just want to have my own kitchen and bathroom.

Latest

Trending

Trending