The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Had a quick look around Sussex on the weekend of the Brighton open day. Preferred my course at Brighton and preferred the location of Brighton x10000. Just too far for me :frown:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by nadiah
In all honesty 'druggies' are everywhere, as at every uni :colone:

the only 'druggies' I know lived in Brighthelm and Park Village, but pretty sure every halls have 'em.

East slope really isn't that bad, everyone who I know who lived there loved it <3 It has a certain charm to it, aha.

When I first saw it I thought it looked like the favelas in brazil :tongue:

Spoiler

Anyone else see it? No? :getmecoat:
Reply 82
Original post by Lewroll
When I first saw it I thought it looked like the favelas in brazil :tongue:

Spoiler

Anyone else see it? No? :getmecoat:

haha nah I totally see it :tongue: Everyone loved it though, specifically coz they are a dump! Most people have fond memories, since they seem to have a lot of social people living there.
Reply 83
Original post by Lewroll
On the open day I thought East Slope looked awful :biggrin: But like you said its only for a year. And I think East Slope has the most residents so it will be easy to meet people. Hmm I think I might put it as my first choice. I hope I get it though, I hear there are lots of applicants for it.

Ha, isnt it funny how it goes from the least to the most appealing choice? What you gona study?
Original post by Danzii
Ha, isnt it funny how it goes from the least to the most appealing choice? What you gona study?

Yeah :colondollar: I'm doing anthropology and spanish hopefully :biggrin:
I'll just pop in and say...

I love Sussex. I love the campus, Brighton town, my department, the people, the library, the student support, the food, the bars... I couldn't be happier with my university choice.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but then again, nor is physics - but it's perfect for me. Any questions about Sussex, feel free to post here or PM me :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Antimatter

I love Sussex. I love the campus, Brighton town, my department, the people, the library, the student support, the food, the bars... I couldn't be happier with my university choice.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but then again, nor is physics - but it's perfect for me. Any questions about Sussex, feel free to post here or PM me :smile:

;m choosing between Leicester and Susex now) I am planning to study media as an undergraduate. Have you heard anything about this degree in Sussex by any chance? and in Leicester? :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Antimatter

What subject are you studying? I've firmed Sussex for entry in September this year to read English. I loved it when I visited on one of the open days, thought it had a great atmosphere, but some of the posts on this thread made me a bit worried about my choice... It's great to see a post from someone who really loves it!
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Sussex is a top UK Uni? u mad? It's alright, but there would have to be a large amount of synchronised gas mains explosions across various universities in the UK for it to become 'one of the top'.

i would think that sussex currently being 11th out of about 120 universitys in the UK would make it 'one of the top', but there you go, you're obviously smarter than everyone else.
I loved sussex when I visited, even the people visiting were friendly, I didn't feel shy talking to the lecturers or any of the Uni helpers. I just really liked it.
Yeah, campus is ugly - but when you're so close to Brighton who cares!
Reply 90
Original post by remanisce
... I went to the Sussex Admissions day on Tuesday. To put it lightly, It was. Interesting. Firstly, the Sussex area is a right ol' dive. Derelict shops, graffiti.. And the Uni itself was no better. Very dated, well I suppose there's no helping that when the university is designed in the shape of a cat, the library shaped like a book and the lecture halls a butterfly. Besides appearances of Sussex, the Staff lacked the Je ne sais quoi. Basically, I didn't like my first impressions of Sussex.
Not to negative...

What does anyone else think?

A lad in my year chose Sussex over Durham!!! :eek: Nearly collapsed when he told me!! :eek:
Reply 91
Original post by JS321
A lad in my year chose Sussex over Durham!!! :eek: Nearly collapsed when he told me!! :eek:

why would you nearly collapse?
Reply 92
I love brighton. Didn't think I would at ALL, but I went there with some friends for 2 days and it surprised me. I'm now really looking forward to living and studying in sussex (:

There are however, a lot of people with odd piercings and people drinking during the day....not great, but London isn't any better ey?
Original post by JS321

Um...why would you nearly collapse? Durham is 8th and Sussex is 11th, hardly a huge difference...if he had chosen Liverpool John Moores over Durham, then you might have need to be suprised.
Reply 94
Original post by Paperboat
There are however, a lot of people with odd piercings and people drinking during the day....not great, but London isn't any better ey?

That's what makes Brighton so amazing - the crazy out-there people who seem to congregate there. Love it
Original post by Paperboat
I love brighton. Didn't think I would at ALL, but I went there with some friends for 2 days and it surprised me. I'm now really looking forward to living and studying in sussex (:

There are people with odd piercing and people drinking in the day where I live. And nothing happens where I live.
Reply 96
Original post by SmallTownGirl
There are people with odd piercing and people drinking in the day where I live. And nothing happens where I live.

lol where do you live
Original post by Trece13
lol where do you live

South Leicestershire.
Original post by JS321

maybe he didn't like the people that go to durham?
sussex is far more laid back and friendly.

also. sussex is really good. i'm so confused about the hate for it here :s-smilie:
Reply 99
I just got back from the Sussex undergrad open day and liked it. It won't be my first choice or even my insurance when it comes to applications but it has a lot of positives. The campus may be a bit of a concrete jungle but the course I was looking at (French & Spanish/Italian) looks great and the students and lecturers were really helpful. Accommodation looks good too despite being a bit dated, but they said they're renovating a lot of it.

Also, Brighton is beautiful, and I love how arty and hip it is, which is a massive change compared to the boring town where I come from.

Latest