The Student Room Group

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Wish I'd taken photography. Just as a fun extra subject. I love doing it out of college, would be brilliant to learn the proper techniques.
Buuuuut I don't know what I'd want to drop instead :smile:
I wish I'd Taken history instead of maths
Reply 82
Why did I take A level French for Philosophy?! Why?... Pour Qoui?
Reply 83
I wish i had taken history at A level and GCSE because now i soooooooo regret it dame the teachers!!
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm on my A2 year now and I regret not picking up German AS! But I'm happy with my full A-levels; I think I've made the right decision on those.
I wish I'd taken biology.
History seems to be really popular. Wish i'd taken History instead of English Lit :/
I regret not taking English Lit, History, and Philosophy. I would change all of my A Level choices if I could go back in time. :frown:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Some very diverse replies here. I have a few questions. For those of you currently studying for a degree that say you wished you studied something different, how do you feel knowing that you have to complete the rest of your degree in something you are not 100% committed to or do not feel completely passionate about? And will you follow your degree up with a career in your chosen field, or upon reflection will you turn to study something else or pursue an entirely different career?

Thankfully, my course has scope that I can still indulge in studying classics in the way that I would have wanted to - literature/mythology etc. I really love my course, because of the range I get, and so am still 100% committed to it, I would just have liked to have known I had such an interest it it, before, so that I could have studied it in greater depth in first year as well, rather than just for a few weeks of the course! If I do a Masters or something, I may concentrate on this kind of literature. I am not entirely sure yet - I still have two years and a myriad of other types of literature still to study so I may find other eras I am equally as interested in!
Reply 89
Original post by yesioo
Wish I had never picked Biology and Chemistry at A Level and had picked History and Drama instead. Damn my dentist dream :shakefist:

Im exactly the same as you! I wish I chose History and R.S instead of chem and bio. damn my dentist dream also :redface:

now im doing law anyway which was also a choice of mine before failing to get into dentistry and history/ r.s would have probably been more useful!
Reply 90
I wish i'd been able to take a language GCSE, because then I would definitely have taken it at AS. Damn school :frown:
really wish I had done biology and chemistry at A level. I wasn't useless at them, my teachers were awful though so being trying to be all rebel I never used to do anything. I did get an A in chemistry but a C in bio. Hmm.

I also wish I could do a history degree, but hopefully I can in Clearing/ begging my unis if I make the grade in the summer
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Teveth
I sometimes think to myself how much I would love to be studying physics at university. I just find it so interesting and I'm jealous of some of my friends who study science subjects. I blame my old school, in a way. I only achieved a B at GCSE physics, and I got the impression from my teachers that only the very best students would cope with it at A-level, so I was discouraged from taking it. Now I realise that that was a load of ****, as people develop intellectually at different speeds. Ah well.

grass is always greener, everyones life sucks boooohooo.

you'd probably bitch about physics if you did it :tongue:
Physics for me too. But I love economics as well and now that I think about it a Physics degree would have been more hard work than I would've liked.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
I wish I did music :moon:
Reply 95
History and art. The first would probably come in useful for uni next year and I just always enjoyed the second...
I do really like maths too though so I wouldn't have wanted to drop that.
Reply 96
maths; probably the most sought after subject

Amongst the subjects that I do, Chem, Bio, Geog and RE (Philosophy of Religion), RE is the most difficult and the most interesting. That said, it is easiest to achieve a high grade in due to lots of people bringing grade boundaries down.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 97
I wish I hadn't bothered with sociology and taken dance. :h: Otherwise, I'm happy with all my choices.
Wish I'd taken Geography at GCSE instead of PE and then again at A-Level instead of Psychology. I also wish I could have taken Economics, but unfortunately our school didn't offer it so I was unable to.
Maths and sciences to be honest...

Oh and I wish I didn't do P.E and media at GCSE. I only did it because my friends were doing it :/
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending