The Student Room Group

I'm too scared to sleep in my own bed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Po!son_G!rl
one night i was in my bed and my twin sister slept in the same room, i heard something really scary and weird noise , at first i didnt pay attention to it but it happened again, i got really scared then , it didnt stop, it kept repeating, i opened the lights and i told my parents about it dad came into my room but found nothing, then mom told me it must be Dina and i told her that i thought about that too but i dont know, then i reached close to dina and noticed that it was really her :biggrin: he was laying on her stomach and it made her sound like that, i was really scared because i havent heard anything like that before, maybe there was kind of that thing ?

Is Dina your Sister?

Lol, nope I sleep completley alone, and have no siblings :frown: wish I did though!
Is it maybe an echo of your own breathing if you're breathing against a wall?

When I'm really tired (I'm an insomniac and had a rough summer...) I hear all sorts of creepy stuff, I used to stay up until 10am and then try to sleep because of it, or leave the TV on BBC News all night and try not to sleep. Hearing satanic chanting will do that to a girl...

Basically, your mind can mess with you a LOT, try not to worry about it.
Okay, this thread has freaked me out and I'm already showing all my typical signs of being pretty sleep deprived. BBC News is on.

Wtf is that?! :lol:
Original post by MelonFroot
I never ever wake up from my sleep but the other night, I awoke to the sound of Very heavy breathing at my side and I just froze :|. When I woke up the next morning i tried to convince myself it was a dream or something outside and it was forgotten about until last night :|, I was sitting on the bed, lights all on and everything, when i heard it AGAIN, but this time it was so much louder than last time:s-smilie: , I screamed and my father came running in so I told him what had happened and he sat on the bed for about 5 mins, nothing happened so he walked out and as soon as he left the room, it happened again, but quieter than the last time :s

In the end, dad slept in my room, but tonight looks like im jamming out on the sofa:/

I'm so creeped out by this :| has anything similar every happened to anyone here? if so, what did you do ?

I'm seriously no troll, and yes, I know my grammar is bad, ill be more than happy if someone wanted to inbox me a fewtips on it.

Aaaw, *hugs. That must be petrifying. :frown: Can't you get a friend to stay with you for a few nights? I'm sure won't hear it again, but it'd be good to have someone with you until you feel more relaxed.
Your dad just wants some fun.... :perv:

But, seriously - beware of... The BogeyMan! :yikes: :eek2: :teehee:

That's horrible. :zomg:
Omg I thought it was only me who got scared **** at night. Fortunately my older sister sleeps in my room and I am still get scared sometimes so I crawl to her bed and sleep with her. I feel really mean because she is a light sleeper but she never complains and so its okay, I hope.
Reply 68
This happened to me when i had sleep dep. I kept on hearing voices then something hit me hard on my back. I could really feel it, and i would wake up with a fright, but then i'd look around and there was nothing there.

Turned out my body/brain wasn't coping with my volatile sleeping patterns and lack of sleep during the week and the huge amounts of caffine i was drinking.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's a glitch in the Matrix. An agent will be sent to fix it
Original post by matt10101
I occasionally get a thing called sleep paralysis, its where wake up and you cant move and since your brain still thinks your sleeping u have hallucinations about scary things, just like u had. I usually get aliens at the bottom of my bed, so you got off lightly with a bit of breathing

Might be that, so just keep reminding yourself that it all in your head

I've had this! It's so weird :biggrin:

I was dreaming about papers and then my Mum woke up and passed me a paper, and I like, HELD it and everything. But then I put it down and sat up and when I looked again it was gone. And she'd never given me a paper! It was so cool.

OP, maybe you shoulod sleep with the lights on. I alwaaaaaaays have to when I've watched horror films or I think someones watching me or something. I'm sure you'll be okay :smile:
Haha...
I've been seeing ghostly things in my room for years and having scary experiences. I know how you feel, but i'm reluctant to be like "it's probably nothing" because that's what people have been telling ME for years. :P

But recently i've had sleep paralysis a couple of times, and that makes you more prone to scary hallucinations/ experiences. If you were in a state in which you were drifting off to sleep, or had just woken up, you may have had sleep paralysis..
Reply 72
Original post by Stargazer23
Wtf is that?! :lol:

a monster :colone:
Reply 73
I'm such a bitch to myself.
I'd only just got over my sleep thing and then I click on a thread called 'scared to sleep' just giving me more reasons to be scared to sleep. Again. I don't know why I do this to myself. :grr:
But yeah, I used to get night terrors really bad when I was younger, which is kind of like sleep walking except for your walking around acting out your nightmare. My Mum used to wake up to me screaming every night. Not good. Then I developed that sleep paralysis, which was bloody terrifying, espescially the first time it happened. Had sleep issues since, but you've just kind of got to believe it's all in your head, and try to not get worked up about it. If all else fails sleep with someone else in the room for a while.
OP, I know it must be stressful :frown: I used to hallucinate when I was little that there was witches all over my walls and my mum used to get upset because she used to sit there and watched me terrified.

I really suggest that the next few days you put your health at the top of the list. Eat healthily, drink lots of water, stay away from all caffeine products, get some lavendar and put it in your room, get a relaxing bath at night, have some warm milk, and before you go to bed, search your room to prove to yourself with your own eyes that there is nothing there. Read a book and you will soon drift off.

If you are still having problems, I suggest you go to your doctors. It could be medication your taking (if any?) which can be sorted. You can also say that you have tried all relaxing ways to get to sleep and it's not helping, in which the doctor may be able to help you.
Reply 75
My advice would be to watch Tv until you fall asleep, and get rid of any posters/mirrors etc, that might mess with your head if you wake up during the night.
Reply 76
Original post by secret_smile
Ha, was feeling slightly freaked out by this thread. Especially when I opened loling909first spoiler :eek:
I hate being home alone as it is lol

So I got up to turn the main light on, which caused the frickin bulb to blow and trip the electrics causing the whole house to black out. :woo:

Wasn't too happy to realise I had left that pic still open as well :/

Aww, haha sorry to scare you like that! :colondollar:
Reply 77
**** you now you made me feel like a pussy by having to turn on my lamp lol.
Reply 78
Original post by SillyRodent
You've actually scared me a bit now. I hate people with asthma.

Original post by Rant

I can only speculate on what the 4 stars mean but I was completely joking, didn't seem to go down well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending