The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student777
Nope. We still have most of transition metals to go. I'm teaching myself most of that though, doesn't seem that hard (so far). And we had to basically teach ourselves fuel cells anyway.

How about you?

Yeah, transition metals isn't too bad.
We haven't done any of Module 2 (Energy).
Gonna make my own notes though. Try and teach myself :frown:

Original post by blush.ox
We still have half of ENERGY to learn :sigh:

Is energy hard?
Reply 41
Original post by INeedToRevise
Yeah, transition metals isn't too bad.
We haven't done any of Module 2 (Energy).
Gonna make my own notes though. Try and teach myself :frown:
Is energy hard?

well so far it seems alright, we've done things like free energy and entropy which are seem simple enough :yep:
as long as i dont mess it up by typing wrong numbers into my calc in the exam (which is likely :colonhash:). We'll be finishing the rest when we go back, according to our teacher we should be done in about a week or two :rolleyes:.

i hate this paper :sad:
well so far it seems alright, we've done things like free energy and entropy which are seem simple enough :yep:
as long as i dont mess it up by typing wrong numbers into my calc in the exam (which is likely :colonhash:). We'll be finishing the rest when we go back, according to our teacher we should be done in about a week or two :rolleyes:.

i hate this paper :sad:

Ooh ok.

Yeah its kinda long. The good thing about this paper is there aren't many things to actually remember. You can literally just get marks for calculations. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I reckon its better than F324 although I do prefer organic chemistry.
Reply 43
Ooh ok.

Yeah its kinda long. The good thing about this paper is there aren't many things to actually remember. You can literally just get marks for calculations. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I reckon its better than F324 although I do prefer organic chemistry.

I know, but i end up randomly messing up calculations :facepalm:.

Organic chem :love:.
I know, but i end up randomly messing up calculations :facepalm:.

Organic chem :love:.

Yeah. I get you :frown: Just do loads and loads of questions.

Haha yep organic is definitely better :biggrin:
Reply 45
Energy isn't too bad, as long as you don't take much notice of that graph on page 181, write your notes, think about it, then go and look at the graph and it makes a lot of sense!
Reply 46
Yeah. I get you :frown: Just do loads and loads of questions.

Haha yep organic is definitely better :biggrin:

erm where do you get your questions from? is it just the exam Qs in the book and past papers? or do you use other sources? :smile:
erm where do you get your questions from? is it just the exam Qs in the book and past papers? or do you use other sources? :smile:

Yeah, I use the OCR textbook, CGP revision guide and past papers.

This book is also good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations-Level-Chemistry-Jim-Clark/dp/0582411270
Reply 48
*subscribes* :smile:

I've been doing a lot of revision for this exam these easter- pretty sure I know most of the stuff but some things still catch me out. Like pH calculations- I can do them but sometimes I do the wrong thing, or I'm right but really slow. I guess I just need to do a load of practice!

I'm also retaking 2 modules, which doesn't help... Does anyone know any threads on here for Rings Polymers Analysis or Chains Resources and Energy?

Hey, I remember you from the January F324 thread :biggrin: You seemed like you really knew your stuff! How is your preparation for this paper going?

Hey sorry this is a bit late... I think I just enjoyed that module! With regards to this one, it's not going too badly, i've finished all the content over Easter so I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs, I don't want to go over it again and at the same time I don't want to use all of my practice questions now!

I have a mock on the Thursday back so that should be a good indication as to how It's coming along!

FAO everyone else, I know this unit had an exam in January, just wondering whether anyone has the paper?
Reply 49
Hope this one aint as hard as the one in January - that was just shocking! Goodluck on the revision guys/girls :smile:
Reply 50

This book is also good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations-Level-Chemistry-Jim-Clark/dp/0582411270

:awesome: thanks i might get that xD
Reply 51
Original post by CPN
Hope this one aint as hard as the one in January - that was just shocking! Goodluck on the revision guys/girls :smile:

I agree with you on the shocking part! :eek:

Re-sitting it and im hoping i get a long juicy 8 marker on phenols/cyclohexene and get a decent proton NMR question on some ester or something! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :frown:
Reply 52
Hey just wanted to ask if we need to know how to produce the chromatogram for Chromatography? Thanks :smile:

That book is fantastic. I worship at the altar of Jim Clark :biggrin:
Original post by haydyb123
Hey sorry this is a bit late... I think I just enjoyed that module! With regards to this one, it's not going too badly, i've finished all the content over Easter so I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs, I don't want to go over it again and at the same time I don't want to use all of my practice questions now!

I have a mock on the Thursday back so that should be a good indication as to how It's coming along!

FAO everyone else, I know this unit had an exam in January, just wondering whether anyone has the paper?

Link to all the papers:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1595938

Wow, you've finished all the content already? Can I ask, have you covered it in class or did you teach yourself? :smile:
That book is fantastic. I worship at the altar of Jim Clark :biggrin:

Haha yeah should be helpful :smile:
I recommend everyone..
Reply 56
Link to all the papers:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1595938

Wow, you've finished all the content already? Can I ask, have you covered it in class or did you teach yourself? :smile:

We've been taught everything bar rates, they're saving that little beauty for next week :wink:
Reply 57
Okay so I know that to find the pH of a weak acid you do -log(Ka*[acid])^1/2 (The -log of the square root of Ka times [acid])
My question is do we need to know the proof behind it? I remember it being gone through in the lesson but I don't really remember it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Vidja
Okay so I know that to find the pH of a weak acid you do -log(Ka*[acid])^1/2 (The -log of the square root of Ka times [acid])
My question is do we need to know the proof behind it? I remember it being gone through in the lesson but I don't really remember it.

I'm not sure what you mean by proof, but I really doubt it.
I think the only thing like that is the balance between Kw, [OH-] and [H+]
Reply 59
Really really really worried about this exam. I bet it'll be as hard as jan :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending