The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

When did you apply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi all!

Any other budding UCL postgrads out there?

I sent my application off two weeks ago for MA History - hopefully will have some form of response by mid-November!
Reply 2
I applied for the MA in Classics in early September and heard back from the Department yesterday that I had been extended an offer for the course (official letter to be sent by UCL Admissions in the coming weeks).
Reply 3
Okay. I will sent my application in the end of this week.

Offers in mid October. Crazy!
Reply 4
I'm hoping to apply for MSc Management. I hope to send my application at the end of the month.
Reply 5
Congrats, Sophos :smile:

Any form of contact from UCL yet, Franzel?

Good stuff, Akkuz!
Reply 6
Maybe management aswell
Reply 7
I'll be applying for International Public Policy

Hope to send my app early December :smile:
Reply 8
I don't contact them... :colone:

My application for MSc. Economics will be started tomorrow. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Franzel
Okay. I will sent my application in the end of this week.

Offers in mid October. Crazy!

I got an offer in March this year for a Sept 2012 start, that's crazier!

Msc Health Psychology.
Good luck to all applying :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by LydiaM123
I got an offer in March this year for a Sept 2012 start, that's crazier!

Msc Health Psychology.
Good luck to all applying :smile:

That's pretty impressive! Congrats on your offer :smile:

What was the response time like for you? I've been given the mid Nov, but I'm hoping it's sooner - I need motivation to plough through all this coursework!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
I had a lot of problems with sorting out my references - but once the application was submitted, I think I had an interview date sent to me via letter by 2 months I think. And after the interview I was told that I had a place after 2 days, which was great!

And tell a lie, it might not have been march, maybe May. But still, early!
Reply 12
I submitted my application for MSc global Governance and Ethics and MSc International Public Policy on October 17th. I'm still waiting for one of my professors to upload his recommendation.
I'm hoping to apply by the end of the year, but life keeps getting in the way. Thankfully the application procedure doesn't sound too ardous (unlike some institutions).
Reply 14
The only downside to the application procedure is a mandatory fee which they introduced last year! That aside, it is very straightforward.
Reply 15
Good luck to everyone!

Just submitted my application for MSc Management. The application process was very easy! :smile:

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive an email about the portal?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by teludaa
That's pretty impressive! Congrats on your offer :smile:

What was the response time like for you? I've been given the 16th of Nov, but I'm hoping it's sooner - I need motivation to plough through all this coursework!

I've actually checked my emails -
Application was submitted and both references were received on the 6th May.
I must of received an interview letter at some point in May (paper letter, so no record of date sadly!), interview was on the 6th June, unconditional offer was sent via email on the 7th June.

So yeah, should be sooner, good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 17
Its rigth. In contrast to Cambridge or Warwick etc. this application was straightforward.

Unfortunately my second reference doesn't appear. I ask my prof if the unis mailed him. He wrote: yes. ... However he has still not uploaded the document
Reply 18
Did anyone else get the e-mail sending you to an online portal?
Reply 19
Original post by teludaa
Did anyone else get the e-mail sending you to an online portal?

Yep.

Although it says the portal isn't supported in evenings and weekends. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending