The Student Room Group

Most Boring A Level????

Scroll to see replies

i love chemistry and maths at a level expect the maths decision. most boring thing ever totally pointless.

i deteste geography and biology. i was unable to separate them until my grades at as. maybe its the teacher or the fact that the work is really dull.

best thing about chemistry is the a2 coursework (salters) -proper research piece really interesting great help if wanting to study chemistry at uni.
A Level maths, where you do some topics with no practical application!
Reply 22
BIOLOGY.
Oh and STATISTICS if any of you do stats modules in maths :banghead::banghead:
Reply 24
I occasionally go to sleep in English Lit.
Some books are just too painful to read.
sociology was good! you must have had rubbish teachers if you found it boring. we had one amazing teacher, and one slightly boring teacher...

also ICT wasnt boring either, the coursework looks boring as hell, but with the right group of people it can be pretty sweet [= my AS level ICT classes consisted of dossing about, hand massages, telling the teacher to stuff it, and being sent out due to telling the teacher to stuff it.
after all that i still managed a C [=

id say out of mine, health and social had to be the worst, purly because i didnt want to be a nurse, and neither did my mate, but everyone else in our group did, so they tailored the lessons to be all about nursing... no help for us WHAT SO EVER.

edit: thanks for the neg rep, but you could atleast tell me why, oh and leave your name [= cheers
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by In the looney bin
Oh and STATISTICS if any of you do stats modules in maths :banghead::banghead:

Stats is the best (and easiest) part of Maths!

None of my subjects are boring so I wouldn't know, but Chemistry sounds painful.
Reply 27
Out of the A levels I do... Biology is definitely the most boring. But from what I've heard from friends Physics seems to be kindaa dull. But I think it all comes down to preference.
Reply 28
I normally really enjoy history, but this year our teacher is on maternity leave and we've got one that talks for two hours straight - in that context I'd say history.
I found economics very boring!
Many parts of Biology are disgustingly boring. Ecology? No thanks...
DECISION MATHS D: D: D:

although, I don't really find any of the subjects I take boring. I mean, there are certain parts of all subjects that are dull (She Stoops to Conquer in English Lit, stupid synoptic 'jumping through hoops' History essays and my new awful French teacher come to mind) but then the good bits make up for it.
Business Studies - the content is so easy and boring that it's just awful to learn about. I actually have to put all my strength into not falling asleep or going off into a daydream all lesson (which I generally do) because it's just so mind numbingly boring.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
ICT.
Original post by x_muneeb_x
A level maths...All you do is solve pointless numbers

You cant solve numbers you ninny. :rolleyes:

You solve equations and word problems NOT numbers
Reply 35
Original post by kat2pult
Why would you do an A Level you found boring?

I found Physics less interesting than my other AS's so I didn't carry it on for A2.

I found physics AS really hard and boring in AS. Maybe because my teacher was quite terrible and the best part of the lesson was him walking into everything!
I got an A* in the exam oddly enough and carried on.
Now i actually like it - and have 2 cool teachers :smile:
That was lucky!
psychology......

its soo dull as it has 0 space for actual thought and is simply learn book....rewrite book in exam, which is ****e
Reply 37
Original post by Churchgirl
I found physics AS really hard and boring in AS. Maybe because my teacher was quite terrible and the best part of the lesson was him walking into everything!
I got an A* in the exam oddly enough and carried on.
Now i actually like it - and have 2 cool teachers :smile:
That was lucky!

Yeah, different teachers can make a huge difference!
Theatre Studies nearly killed me.
psycology becasue there 's just soo much you have soo revise especially for A2
and History as well :P

Quick Reply

Latest