The Student Room Group

Most Boring A Level????

Scroll to see replies

Biology, closely followed by Geography, both at AS. Some of the content was actually interesting; but the teachers weren't and the whole of the courses were just remembering the content and regurgitating it on a piece of paper for the exams.
Reply 41
Physics. I took 3 sciences and Economics. I have come to hate physics with a passion.
Reply 42
Economics. :sigh:
Reply 43
Original post by Linweth
:O Take that back!

:tongue:
What do you actually do besides look at rocks?
None of the A Levels I am doing are boring on the whole, however, as much as I love Geography, the fieldwork and research part of the Unit 2 syllabus is really tedious. Just a small part though and the other parts make up for it
Biology, hate it with a passion, but then i do have a sh*t teacher. I wish i'd taken art or psychology instead. Chemistry however :sexface:.
A bit specific I know - but some of the Micro parts of A2 Economics (in particular, market structures). Macro on the other hand, is great.
Of all A levels, Buisness studies.
Of my A levels, Biology..
Reply 48
Of my choices, probably biology, thing is i like biology, but the way the syllabus sets it out makes it so horrible and boring.

I do physics and maths and they're both far more interesting.
Reply 49
Original post by Linweth
:O Take that back!

It keeps you insane?

I guess that for me the content is the easiest to understand and learn than the content other subjects; physics chemistry and history. But this is only because I love the anatomy and physiology. I think that at times chemistry can boring but its no a big deal because I love the organic side to it; and most of it is organic.
Original post by VictoriaG
I liked the first year of English Language, but then the second year isn't really doing it for me, despite that fact I have new and better teachers.

How come the second year isn't doing it for you? I find learning about childrens language development is a lot better than putting pieces of writing into groups determined by discourse structure:confused:
Reply 51
Original post by pinda.college
How come the second year isn't doing it for you? I find learning about childrens language development is a lot better than putting pieces of writing into groups determined by discourse structure:confused:

I find it so hard to even remember all the child language acquisition, I got a D in the exam, whereas I got an A quite easily last year as I quite enjoyed it.

Depending on the topics, History can be pretty boring.
Geography - rivers and coasts module for AS. My God I wanted to die.

Oddly enough, I got 97% for it - the highest module grade our school had ever had. :lolwut:
People say 'it comes down to preference,' but i disagree. I think if you have the right teacher, any subject could be interesting. I used to love all my subjects at GCSE because i had amazing teachers, then i went to college and my biology teacher is unimaginably boring...So i'm sort of disliking the subject now.
Reply 55
General Studies!!!
All of them.

For me it would have been Chemistry had I done it.
Reply 57
geography and business studies...blah
****ing your teacher.
Citizenship, partly due to the fact it's complusory and because the teacher just drones on...

Quick Reply

Latest