Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Sussex uni third year in north america

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done it? I'm really interested to hear peoples opinions.

I will be studying psychology bsc with American studies minor, and I will be spending my third year in an American university.

I was also wondering if this extra year in America is advantageous?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofierce)

I will be studying psychology bsc with American studies minor, and I will be spending my third year in an American university.

I really want to go abroad in my course too but its not included so i have to fight for a place lol but its great! And it is very advantageous!...Experience of living and taking care of youself abroad appeals to employers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

hiya i was looking in to switching my offer of straight bsc psychology at sussex to the psychology with american studies as a minor option. i can't find much about the course structure.. the website is confusing + doesn't list what we'd actually be studying for the american studies part. i've also heard that the second year is completely american studies + the third year (america year) is doing the 2nd year of psychology, if that makes sense.

so yeah, i know i've kinda asked you a question instead of answering the question but could you tell me a bit about it? it sounds so good, employers can't fault a year in america + it's a once in a lifetime opportunity
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the law with american studies programme sounds really appealing - at the open day, they basically said that the third year is pure literature. but then when we asked if there's any link with law, they said we'll study "some law". so i'm not sure what actually goes on, but a year living and learning in the US would look great on any CV I'd say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bravoechoxray)
    hiya i was looking in to switching my offer of straight bsc psychology at sussex to the psychology with american studies as a minor option. i can't find much about the course structure.. the website is confusing + doesn't list what we'd actually be studying for the american studies part. i've also heard that the second year is completely american studies + the third year (america year) is doing the 2nd year of psychology, if that makes sense.

so yeah, i know i've kinda asked you a question instead of answering the question but could you tell me a bit about it? it sounds so good, employers can't fault a year in america + it's a once in a lifetime opportunity
    I dont know much about it Im desperate to talk to a student who is doing it/has done it!!! I really want to find out more about it its so hard to
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bravoechoxray)

Its not, I knew a few people in second year doing Psychology+American studies

OP, I didn't do it myself but I wish I'd done a term/year abroad - I'm sure it will be amazing and I certainly don't think it will be a disadvantage!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Im doing this as well with politics and american studies. I really can't wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same im studying Law with American studies hopefully in september! they have some amazing partner universities cant wait!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.