The Student Room Group

Mould on white lasagne sauce

I;ve got a lasagne cooking in the oven and when i was making it up i noticed the white sauce had some teeny spots of mould on top and some on the lid. I just spooned them off and used it anyway but now im worried about the whole thing..... I reeaallllly want it do you think it will be ok?

It was dolmio white lasagne sauce and i took a good few spoonfulls off first. Its in date and everything and been open a few days :frown:
Reply 1
That's why you're meant to eat within a certain amount of days after opening... Ususually if it's tomato based you could get away with it, but cheese / cream... No. If you're not picky, and don't mind it, then you should be okay... People do it with home-made jam all the time.

I wouldn't.

I hope it was nice though...
Reply 2
euuugghh
Reply 3
Well i ate it last night anyway, it tasted fine and im not ill so yay!
Reply 4
Uuuuggghh... nooo...

You remind me of an old housemate of mine; "Urgh, this chicken ****ing stinks like corpses!" he would say, about his open, 2 day out of date chicken breasts... whilst cutting them into strips and putting them in the oven...

I don't know how he's still alive, tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by Bhumbauze
Uuuuggghh... nooo...

You remind me of an old housemate of mine; "Urgh, this chicken ****ing stinks like corpses!" he would say, about his open, 2 day out of date chicken breasts... whilst cutting them into strips and putting them in the oven...

I don't know how he's still alive, tbh.

Ok yea, i wouldnt do that!
Reply 6
You should make the white sauce yourself anyway. It's really simple, just heat some flour in butter, add in milk, voilá. You save money and it tastes better.
When food is visibly mouldy it should be thrown away really, as there is bacteria growing that you can't see in the product and that could be harmful. Still lots of people cut the mould off of bread etc and live to tell the tale...
Is the lasagne still cooking?
are you OK OP ?

:beard:
Yup, curious to know how it went.
ewwww, gross but i dont think youd die or anything

Quick Reply

Latest