The Student Room Group

Skype Language Learning Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't do languages, but this looks like a good idea.
Reply 41
Original post by Bananas01
I don't do languages, but this looks like a good idea.

Thanks very much! ^_^ P.s. Maybe you should try learning one? They're great fun! I can now mildly irritate people in two languages not just one hahah!

Original post by mrs_bellamy
I'm a beginner in Czech and would love to Skype someone to practice Czech (and their English if they wish). I'm going on an exchange there in a few months, so any Czech speakers who are interested please PM!!

I'll add you to the list! there's no one else on the list for speaking Czech but hopefully there will be soon! ^_^
You can add me to the list if anyone needs help with French. It's pretty much my mother tongue. And I'm doing it at AS & A2 level AQA, so I know know the syllabus too.
Reply 43
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
You can add me to the list if anyone needs help with French. It's pretty much my mother tongue. And I'm doing it at AS & A2 level AQA, so I know know the syllabus too.

Cool I think that's the same exam board as me! For A2 do you do about the environment, immigration and crime and punishment etc?
Reply 44
Original post by Xurvi
Well, how about PMing people you want to speak to for starters? Don't expect the OP to do all the work...

I'm not. Since the OP started this, I thought maybe she has something in mind on how to proceed with it and get people to get in touch with each other..?
German A2 level, my exam is in a month :eek:
I need to sort my webcam out/mic out.... but add me to the list :smile:

Although I got an A in the As oral, I am feeling so unconfident this year, literally feel like I can't say anything, so don't expect too much haha
Reply 46
Original post by muffingg
I'm not. Since the OP started this, I thought maybe she has something in mind on how to proceed with it and get people to get in touch with each other..?

You must have skimmed the OP too quickly then as it reads:

To Sign Up:
Post the language/languages you want to practice, your level e.g. AS level and I'll add you to the list!
Then -
Simply PM those on the list for their skype name. (I thought this would be a bit safer rather than broadcasting the skype names to the whole of the internet) If you're seeking help then it may be quicker for you to PM those already on the list as well as adding yourself to it and hoping to be contacted! ^_^

Original post by emzaz
P.s. If anyone has a better way of how to organise this post to make it easier to find out stuff ot a better format of categorising people's abilities or any advice etc please feel free to post!

Sort the list out by the language alphabetically, and the people in it by skill, experienced people at the top and beginner at the bottom?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
I'd be more than happy to Skype people to help them with their Oral exams.

My mother is French, so speak French when I'm at home.
I'm also studying the language as part of my degree.

PM me for my skype name :smile:
Reply 48
Spanish - AS
Original post by emzaz
Cool I think that's the same exam board as me! For A2 do you do about the environment, immigration and crime and punishment etc?

Environment, Algerian war, homelessness, crime, prison, poverty, science...
So depressing.
Original post by emzaz

I'll add you to the list! there's no one else on the list for speaking Czech but hopefully there will be soon! ^_^

Thanks! This is a great idea by the way.
Reply 51
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Environment, Algerian war, homelessness, crime, prison, poverty, science...
So depressing.

Yup! That sounds like it! It's soooo much fun.. or maybe not hahah! >_< Some of them there isn't much to argue about and it annoys me (doing the sciences as my other subjects) how much rubbish it spreads about les OGM/GM organisms and genetics! Apart from that though I guess it's better than AS level which was ridiculously boring hahehee!

To everyone who's signed up I'll add you to the list tomorrow - I'm too sleepy to do it atm I'm afraid! :redface:
Original post by emzaz
Yup! That sounds like it! It's soooo much fun.. or maybe not hahah! >_< Some of them there isn't much to argue about and it annoys me (doing the sciences as my other subjects) how much rubbish it spreads about les OGM/GM organisms and genetics! Apart from that though I guess it's better than AS level which was ridiculously boring hahehee!

To everyone who's signed up I'll add you to the list tomorrow - I'm too sleepy to do it atm I'm afraid! :redface:

I know. Soooo booring. But there is a fair amount to argue about if you look carefully. My exam's tomorrow, so I can tell you what to expect. (:
Original post by emzaz
A List of people you can skype! It's for practice speaking a language!

Keep Signing Up! And don't forget to look at the list from time to time to find other people to practice with ^_^

I was thinking how important it is to actually practice speaking rather than just write out notes etc and how boring/slightly unstable it is to sit all day talking to yourself so I thought I would create a thread where members of TSR who want to practice for their speaking exams can talk on skype!

Note - you don't have to go on webcam or anything- Just normal speaking will do ^_^
Be brave! Sign up! Practice! Get better marks! (hopefully!) :tongue:

To Sign Up:
Post the language/languages you want to practice, your level e.g. AS level and I'll add you to the list!
Then -
Simply PM those on the list for their skype name. (I thought this would be a bit safer rather than broadcasting the skype names to the whole of the internet) If you're seeking help then it may be quicker for you to PM those already on the list as well as adding yourself to it and hoping to be contacted! ^_^

The List

French:
emzaz - current level A2
liviluck - Current level AS
SpiritedAway - gcse
Habaz - gcse
Tom_Sg - is french.
Le Récamier - fluent/mother tongue
littlepotatoe - is french
SiaSiaSia - got an A* at A level and has been living in france for 2 months.
Instincts_2012 - wants help for his GCSE french speaking.
knit-knots - A2 level.
sunfowers01 - wants to practice at university level
AnyoneOutThere - basically mother tongue and does A2 french aqa.

German:
SpiritedAway - undergrad/university
ChrisRawlings - A2 level
muffingg - fluent/grew up there. Got an A* at A level.
fortunecookie - A2 level
come on german learners! we need more of you! ^_^

Spanish:
liviluck
ssss - AS level
Tom_Sg
SharkOfMirkwood - A2/basically fluent as used to live there.
Sem193 - AS level.
ChrisRawlings - A2 level
knit-knots - A2 level.
stevop21 - AS level
sunfowers01 - wants to practice at university level.

Other languages (added as needed):

Italian
ChrisRawlings - GCSE

British Sign Language
ChrisRawlings : level 1
Czech
mrs_bellamy - beginner -

Chinese
Le Récamier - Upper intermediate/living in Beijing.
caiitlinz - mandarin chinese - equivalent to A2.

Japanese
Le Récamier - intermediate level

Korean
Le Récamier - elementary level

P.s. If anyone has a better way of how to organise this post to make it easier to find out stuff ot a better format of categorising people's abilities or any advice etc please feel free to post!

German A2 Level - got an A grade if that makes any difference whatsoever, not a native speaker. Guess I'm B1-B2 by European method of assessing language ability. I would definitely like to keep up my German and practice so I don't lose it! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi, I'm Ben
Need to practice speaking both french and spanish as AS speaking exam is coming up soon.
Skype Name: benharvey1234
Reply 55
Okay, I'm pretty sure that's all updated now ^_^ if you have a moment you may like to check though incase I spelt the name wrong or put the wrong level or language or something hahah!

I'll try and order the names by level at some point. :biggrin:
Sign me up for German?

I've lived in Germany for a few years now :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Pandabär
Sign me up for German?

I've lived in Germany for a few years now :smile:

Of course! I'll add you to it ^_^ I'm pleased that there's more german speakers - there wasn't too many initially but it's growing in size :biggrin:

To everyone else/anyone reading -
Keep signing up! ^_^
Reply 58
I'm going to order the people in the lists by skill level (roughly) so hopefully that should make things a bit neater.

Anyone got any speaking exams coming up? Mines at the start of May! *gulp*
Reply 59
I'm fluent in both French and Spanish, so you can add me to the list :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest