The Student Room Group

Skype Language Learning Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by p+i+n+k
I'm fluent in both French and Spanish, so you can add me to the list :biggrin:

Yayy! Two languages for the price of one :tongue: Hahaheehee :tongue: I'll add you to the list now :biggrin:
Reply 61
Sounds cool , put me down as spanish AS & A2 :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by Birkatron
Sounds cool , put me down as spanish AS & A2 :biggrin:

Will do! ^_^

P.s. I'm glad the thread wasn't too hard to find!
This is a brilliant idea!
Could you please put me down for A2 French.
Put me down for AS French, if it is important it is AQA. I'm only average at French though...
I don't know about conversation, but I can help with written Latin (or ancient Greek) if anyone needs it; my Skype username is the same as my TSR one.
Reply 66
Original post by Clementine.
This is a brilliant idea!
Could you please put me down for A2 French.

Original post by thefunktopus69
Put me down for AS French, if it is important it is AQA. I'm only average at French though...

Will add you both to the list now :smile:

Original post by jismith1989
I don't know about conversation, but I can help with written Latin (or ancient Greek) if anyone needs it; my Skype username is the same as my TSR one.

That must be really interesting! I did a very very very short rubbishy beginner's course in latin and I really enjoyed it but I couldn't do a qualification in it at my school unfortunately. :smile: I'll add you to the list but you might consider putting yourself in the stickied one about translations too if you haven't already- I don't run that thread or anything hahah but I'm sure there's lots of people who'd like help on it :smile: ( speaking of which, I haven't seen many threads to do with latin and greek etc. I'd be intrigued to see if there were many who studied them) ^_^

To everyone else .... . yayyy! Lots of people :biggrin: Don't forget that if you want to practice then PM people! Don't wait around for people to PM/skype you - not everyone will think to look at profile's etc or add other people so be proactive yayyy ^_^ (I apolgise if I come across as ridiculously overexcited and enthusiastic hahah!)
Original post by emzaz
Will add you both to the list now :smile:

That must be really interesting! I did a very very very short rubbishy beginner's course in latin and I really enjoyed it but I couldn't do a qualification in it at my school unfortunately. :smile: I'll add you to the list but you might consider putting yourself in the stickied one about translations too if you haven't already- I don't run that thread or anything hahah but I'm sure there's lots of people who'd like help on it :smile: ( speaking of which, I haven't seen many threads to do with latin and greek etc. I'd be intrigued to see if there were many who studied them) ^_^

To everyone else .... . yayyy! Lots of people :biggrin: Don't forget that if you want to practice then PM people! Don't wait around for people to PM/skype you - not everyone will think to look at profile's etc or add other people so be proactive yayyy ^_^ (I apolgise if I come across as ridiculously overexcited and enthusiastic hahah!)

This is a brilliant idea and I think it could be useful for alot of people. Have you asked a mod to sticky it?
Reply 68
Does anyone have any idea how the thread could get stickied? It would be a shame if other people missed out on it just because it kept dropping towards the bottom of the forum. Also, it's not the kind of thread that would continually have people talking on it to keep it high on the list because after the initial load of people signing up after that it will only be people who've never seen it before. (which is what I expected)

Does anyone have any ideas? :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by emzaz
Does anyone have any idea how the thread could get stickied? It would be a shame if other people missed out on it just because it kept dropping towards the bottom of the forum. Also, it's not the kind of thread that would continually have people talking on it to keep it high on the list because after the initial load of people signing up after that it will only be people who've never seen it before. (which is what I expected)

Does anyone have any ideas? :biggrin:

PM a mod. The list of the forum mods you can try to contact should be at the bottom of the forum page I think.

They'll probably want to make sure the concept works though, as nobody as left any feedback or said they had a conversation with someone they pm'd.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Xurvi
PM a mod. The list of the forum mods you can try to contact should be at the bottom of the forum page I think.

They'll probably want to make sure the concept works though, as nobody as left any feedback or said they had a conversation with someone they pm'd.

That's probably a good idea too (about the feedback thing)
I'll maybe wait before I contact a mod though like you said. The thing is during the summer the thread will probably vanish out of existance if it's not sticked :frown:

I've talked to several people and they're all great ^_^ I just hope other people are finding the same thing too :biggrin:
Sign me up. :biggrin:

German, A2 level. If anyone's that interested, I'm currently studying "Der Besuch der alten Dame", and the architechture of Hundertwasser, but I can ask you questions about ANYTHING if you give them to me first :smile:
Reply 72
Le Récamier - a monster at Asian languages!
Reply 73
sign me up for AS and A2 spanish.... :smile: edexcel to be precise :tongue:
have lived my whole life in spain...
spanish is kinda my first language..
got exams but wouldn't mind helping anyone out :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
I've been meaning to learn German. I could offer some help with Latin - I'm at AS level now.
Reply 75
Any girls wanting help for Portuguese, hit me up :wink:
Reply 76
Original post by cantreadcaptchas
Sign me up. :biggrin:

German, A2 level. If anyone's that interested, I'm currently studying "Der Besuch der alten Dame", and the architechture of Hundertwasser, but I can ask you questions about ANYTHING if you give them to me first :smile:

Will do ^_^

Original post by tajmahal
sign me up for AS and A2 spanish.... :smile: edexcel to be precise :tongue:
have lived my whole life in spain...
spanish is kinda my first language..
got exams but wouldn't mind helping anyone out :wink:

I'll put you on the list :biggrin:

Original post by Planar
I've been meaning to learn German. I could offer some help with Latin - I'm at AS level now.

I'll put you under the classically languagey section for latin. ^_^
If you're a complete beginner with german then maybe start by learning basics online (grammar etc and simple vocab) and then mayby try PMing people on the list on the first page. :biggrin:

Original post by ussumane
Any girls wanting help for Portuguese, hit me up :wink:

... if this is serious then what level are you at Portugeuse e.g. fluent, A2, etc. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by emzaz

... if this is serious then what level are you at Portugeuse e.g. fluent, A2, etc. :smile:

120% Fluent mademoiselle :grin:
Reply 78
Original post by ussumane
120% Fluent mademoiselle :grin:

Cool ^_^ You're the first portuguese speaking person on the list (as far as I know!)
Reply 79
Original post by emzaz
Cool ^_^ You're the first portuguese speaking person on the list (as far as I know!)

yup :biggrin: Its not a popular language tbh, so I doubt there are many on TSR studying it :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending