The Student Room Group

Nail Varnishes. OPI/alternatives?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mega Nerd
I didn't think they had a Sally's in the UK :s-smilie:
Evidently, they do :biggrin: I get most of my beauty bits from Sally's.
OPI are good
Barry M are ok
Revlon is fine
Nails Inc sucks
Original post by Mega Nerd
I didn't think they had a Sally's in the UK :s-smilie:

Ooh, thanks. They're not that bad of a price actually! :biggrin:

I know a Sally's store that's been here for years.
Reply 23
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Evidently, they do :biggrin: I get most of my beauty bits from Sally's.

Original post by No Future
I know a Sally's store that's been here for years.

I'll have a look and see if there's one near me. I see a bunch of people talking about things they've bought from there and I never thought there was one here.
I LOVE my Inglot nail varnish - spent years looking for the /exact/ shade of red and then my mum bought it for me (by accident, I wanted a diff shade :O ) from there and it's all long lasting and whatnot (well, two/three days without a top coat) and goes on really easily. You need two coats, but after the second one, it's an epic colour. :smile: About £8 for 15ml. Sadly, the only place I know that does it is in Westfield in London. Sooo many colours, though, and they let you test them in the shop ^_^
I love OPI, especially the Designer Series :coma: Zoya, China Glaze and Nubar are pretty good too.

CG is £6 in Sally's without a card, you can get OPI in John Lewis and Fenwicks :smile: I do buy from eBay sometimes though!
beautyzone2007 on ebay are an amazing seller. I buy my OPI/China Gaze/Orly/Zoya/Nubar there and they're brilliant. CG is my favourite I think but OPI is really good quality.
Reply 27
nails Inc are pretty good :smile:
Reply 28
17's range is pretty good too :smile: And I'm a fan of Barry M for their colours and Sally Hansen for nail protection

I made a video on a nail tutorial...please check it out if you can :biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/user/TrishFishh?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Da9i77z-oGk
Reply 29
QVC sometimes do cheap OPI, but usually in large sets so you have to want all of the colours
Original post by Ilora-Danon
They're worth paying the price, for sure.

:yep:, they are pricey, but worth it.

OP, ever heard of Ebay??? . . That's where I got mine from - they came from a seller in LA, and took 2-3days to arrive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Barry M definitely, 2 for a fiver at boots atm as well! I've never tried OPI but i wouldn't pay 10 pound for a nail varnish, simply because I buy colours per season if you get me, so i never use a full bottle
I just use rimmel/barry m/George at asda (haha!) nail varnish.....am I missing something here? :/
Just wondering, how does Essie nail varnish compare with OPI? :smile:

They have some really cute pastel colours that I want for spring/summer, but I don't know whether to go for it or find an OPI shade that's similar.
I find Essie pastels really good. Mint candy apple is one of my favourites.
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Just wondering, how does Essie nail varnish compare with OPI? :smile:

They have some really cute pastel colours that I want for spring/summer, but I don't know whether to go for it or find an OPI shade that's similar.

http://polishorperish.blogspot.com/2011/04/essie-mint-candy-apple.html

(here you go - sorry for double post, stupid iPhone paste bug).
Subscribe :biggrin: I have 35 polishes, Miss Sporty or Barry M. I'd love to be able to afford OPI and plan on buying a few staple colours before I start work as a solicitor xx
Ahhh good :biggrin:

Original post by IlexAquifolium
http://polishorperish.blogspot.com/2011/04/essie-mint-candy-apple.html

(here you go - sorry for double post, stupid iPhone paste bug).

That's actually one I have my eye on! It's lovely. I'm going to break out my Konad stamps at some point, I can see it looking quite nice with something silver over the top :biggrin:
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Ahhh good :biggrin:

That's actually one I have my eye on! It's lovely. I'm going to break out my Konad stamps at some point, I can see it looking quite nice with something silver over the top :biggrin:

CG millennium is an awesome stamp colour :yep:
Original post by blinkbelle
Subscribe :biggrin: I have 35 polishes, Miss Sporty or Barry M. I'd love to be able to afford OPI and plan on buying a few staple colours before I start work as a solicitor xx

Seriously go here - OPI is like £2-3!!! Sod paying £10.99 lol. I usually go into Sally's, look @ the shades I want, jot them down, go home and order from that website. They literally take a few days to arrive! Ordered China Glaze, currently waiting for it to arrive, before I order an OPI shade I loved when looking @ it in Sally's. lol
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending