Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Golf Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm soooo happy for Rory! He thoroughly deserved his win!!

And Lee Westwood is back to No.1 - good for him
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where was Ian Poulter in this major? He injured? Bit weird he's not playing in it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Where was Ian Poulter in this major? He injured? Bit weird he's not playing in it.
    He was cut with +6.

RORY! Congrats to the guy, world class performance. Just the beginning I'm sure..
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play golf.

And yay Rory! That was a really wonderful and solid game he played.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the Open championship?

I caught abit of it during the day. Bjorn is the clubhouse leader with -5. It seems alot of the players are finding it tough in the conditions so far. Tough one to choose winners as always, I'm going for Westwood with the South African duo and major winners Oouisthizen/Schwartzel as underdogs - don't why I get confused with the two of them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the Open championship?

I caught abit of it during the day. Bjorn is the clubhouse leader with -5. It seems alot of the players are finding it tough in the conditions so far. Tough one to choose winners as always, I'm going for Westwood with the South African duo and major winners Oouisthizen/Schwartzel as underdogs - don't why I get confused with the two of them.
    I'm abroad atm so am missing it but am keeping up with it, this is a bit of an up and down course, a few hole in ones but then only up to 14th place are below par.

So want this guy to win:

He deserves it. I remeber this so vividly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell Lefty is hot on Clarke's heels. The way it's going I can see Lefty winning it, bad news for Clarke. Lefty is playing sublimely, this is the form that propelled him to #1.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are norn irish golfers just the best?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    So happy for Darren Clarke thoroughly deserved!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3309will)
    How many people play golf here on TSR?

Where do you play and what do you play off?

I usually play a 9 hole course just down the road but my best score is 38 which is still 11 over. I played on Hill Barn which is an 18 hole where me and my dad did alternate shots (we were part of a group of 5 playing) and it wasn't a complete embarassment.

What's in the bag?

I literally have only the following clubs: 3 Wood, 5 Iron (from when I was 14 or so), 7 Iron, 9 Iron (same as 5 iron), Sand Wedge and Putter.

Anything you are working on for the new season?

There are seasons? I think me and my dad are going to work on doing more 18 hole courses. He is moving away though so I might gradually buy more clubs and get practising on the 9 hole course.

I love golf and I thought it would be pretty cool to see who else plays on here.

Will
    Only just seen this thread, figured I'd start at the beginning!

I watched a bit of the open but don't usually like to watch it, would rather play it. Kind of the same as most sports I watch really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clarke throughly deserved his win, played consistent stuff over all days. Mickelson looked like on the front nine today to be on the march but that bogey on the 11th knocked the stuffing out of him. Slightly annoyed that the interviewers after the day were keen to focus on Clarke's tough off the court issues (which not great for him with his wife passing) but focus should have been for his good play.

I'm also a tad disappointed by McIlroy's comments that he wasn't happy that the weather played such a role in the Open and probably rightly so that he wouldn't change his game for one tournament. But the gist of what he is saying sounds completely defeatist. "If the weather isn't great" then I'm not going to be winning that tournament seems to be the implication his comments and he needs to realise that by grinding out performances in horrible weather conditions will be much better for him than coasting to victory in nice, sunny conditions. I hope he changes his mindset regarding that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I played off mens tees today, I feel like such a LAD. (if I do say so myself)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^Sorry, please ignore my blank expression on my face atm lol, what's defined as mens tees? Are their women's tees aswell?

I'd love to start playing but none of my other mates or family are even slightly interested in golf, wouldn't know where to start. Looks like Tiger Woods' PGA Golf on my rubbish PS2 will have to do!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^Sorry, please ignore my blank expression on my face atm lol, what's defined as mens tees? Are their women's tees aswell?

I'd love to start playing but none of my other mates or family are even slightly interested in golf, wouldn't know where to start. Looks like Tiger Woods' PGA Golf on my rubbish PS2 will have to do!
    Generally you get red, yellow and white tees. The reds are the furthest set forward for ladies, the yellows are set further back for men and the whites are the furthest back for competitions or general sadists.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Generally you get red, yellow and white tees. The reds are the furthest set forward for ladies, the yellows are set further back for men and the whites are the furthest back for competitions or general sadists.
    Unfortunately I still play off the ladies' :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punctuation)
    It was only a one off. Drives being 20 yards shorter than usual are a bit of a blow :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've teed off whites once, it was a better ball and my dad shoved one out of bounds.

Jesus Christ.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3309will)
    How many people play golf here on TSR?
    Where do you play and what do you play off?
    What's in the bag?
    Anything you are working on for the new season?
    I love golf and I thought it would be pretty cool to see who else plays on here.
    1. Play at a club conveniently about 5 mins down the road from me and play off around 22, but as is true of everyone, I can be fantastic one hole then play as if I've never picked up a club before the next.

2. Wood-wise I only carry my Driver and a 7 wood, PW, SW(which worryingly seems to be the most used club in my bag) and irons 6-9. Also recently ordered a left-handed 7 iron for those times I can't get to the ball with my natural swing (too often) and I hear it's not against the rules.

3. Just want to get my handicap down and prepare for a competition I've got in August but really just love the game as it gets you outside and away from the computer screen.

(Original post by punctuation)
    Nothing wrong with that! I reckon with golf you should take every advantage you get given. What handicap do you play off?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseroserose.)
    I've teed off whites once, it was a better ball and my dad shoved one out of bounds.

Jesus Christ.
    lol how did it turn out for you?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol how did it turn out for you?
    We lost the hole (was matchplay), lets just leave it at that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.