The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alaska.
Yaaaay, my status has changed to UNCONDITIONAL :smile: I hope I get the accomodation letter shortly too now!

Aww I'm so happy for you :smile: I'm glad your worrying was unneccessary.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Cost me almost 10 euros to send my Occupancy Agreement today plus the passport sized photo. Great, not like I needed the money somewhere else :rolleyes:

I wonder when we get to know what our exact address will be, like flat number and all. I need to apply for accommodation funding from the government and it needs the address of the place I'll be living in. I know the James Blyth address in general but I think they want me to provide a more specific address.

Which means... Everything is sorted in Scotland, but there's still a ton to sort here in Finland! Bah. :tongue:
Reply 222
Original post by KiaraMarissa
Aww I'm so happy for you :smile: I'm glad your worrying was unneccessary.

Thank you :h: I think we all worry or stress ourselves out far too much. In the end, everything always works out!

Original post by FinnLassie
Cost me almost 10 euros to send my Occupancy Agreement today plus the passport sized photo. Great, not like I needed the money somewhere else :rolleyes:

I wonder when we get to know what our exact address will be, like flat number and all. I need to apply for accommodation funding from the government and it needs the address of the place I'll be living in. I know the James Blyth address in general but I think they want me to provide a more specific address.

Which means... Everything is sorted in Scotland, but there's still a ton to sort here in Finland! Bah. :tongue:

It never gets boring! Not like we could use our time a bit better :wink:
Reply 223

You should get the exact address when you come to halls in September :smile:

You won't get your flat number until you arrive, but you can get the street address on the Strathclyde website, James Blyth is 47 - 63 Rottenrow East, Glasgow, G4 0NG
Original post by Catta
You should get the exact address when you come to halls in September :smile:

Aaargh, super annoying! :s-smilie:

Original post by Popppppy
You won't get your flat number until you arrive, but you can get the street address on the Strathclyde website, James Blyth is 47 - 63 Rottenrow East, Glasgow, G4 0NG

Yeah, already knew that but it isn't helping me at all. This just means I have to wait forever to get my funds and loan.
(edited 11 years ago)

Yeah, already knew that but it isn't helping me at all. This just means I have to wait forever to get my funds and loan.

You could make up a flat address, they're in the format of C2, D4 etc, so you could put in B4 and then get your loans processed, and when you find out you actual flat change it, and say you typed it in wrong?
(edited 11 years ago)
You could make up a flat address, they're in the format of C2, D4 etc, so you could put in B4 and then get your loans processed, and when you find out you actual flat change it, and say you typed it in wrong?

I'm too scared of the Finnish bureaucracy that I think I'll just dig up my savings and use them for the first couple of months haha. :biggrin: The funding people are always jammed and busy from July to early October when people get to uni :s-smilie:

thanks for the help though :smile:
Reply 228
How long did it take for you to receive the Occupancy Agreement?

I am going to be on holiday for a week soon. I really hope that it arrives before that :biggrin:
Reply 229

So you won't know anything about your flatmates before you actually move in?!
Original post by alaska.
So you won't know anything about your flatmates before you actually move in?!

Nope. But it'll be fine. You'll make friends, don't worry.
Nope. But it'll be fine. You'll make friends, don't worry.

I'm sure it would be fine. But it would be nice to know who you will be living with before you arrive, just so you could look them up on facebook and assess their levels of neatness and craziness. On the other hand, I guess it will be good that people will move in without having preconceived views of their housemates.
Original post by alaska.
How long did it take for you to receive the Occupancy Agreement?

I am going to be on holiday for a week soon. I really hope that it arrives before that :biggrin:

I got it on e-mail the same day that it was printed and sent. I don't even know if it's going to come by snail mail anytime soon. :biggrin: Just contact the uni just in case and tell that you need the e-mail, tell that you will not be home and are worried you'll miss the letter.
Reply 233
Original post by KiaraMarissa
I'm sure it would be fine. But it would be nice to know who you will be living with before you arrive, just so you could look them up on facebook and assess their levels of neatness and craziness. On the other hand, I guess it will be good that people will move in without having preconceived views of their housemates.

Haha, that is what I was thinking about :colondollar: I am not too worried about making friends, just hope I will have understanding flatmates that get along with me :P
Reply 234
I got it on e-mail the same day that it was printed and sent. I don't even know if it's going to come by snail mail anytime soon. :biggrin: Just contact the uni just in case and tell that you need the e-mail, tell that you will not be home and are worried you'll miss the letter.

Ah, okay! I guess I should ask the accomodation service right? I better send them an email then. Yeah, snail mail either arrives very late or not at all (1st award letter from SAAS :biggrin:)
Original post by alaska.
Ah, okay! I guess I should ask the accomodation service right? I better send them an email then. Yeah, snail mail either arrives very late or not at all (1st award letter from SAAS :biggrin:)

Yup, send the e-mail to the student accommodation office. :smile:
Reply 236
Yup, send the e-mail to the student accommodation office. :smile:

Out of office - till Tuesday. :/ Oh, well :biggrin: I guess they will read the email on Tuesday then. But thanks for the advice :smile: did you have to provide a bank account etc. yet? I only plan to open up my account in late August.
Original post by alaska.
Out of office - till Tuesday. :/ Oh, well :biggrin: I guess they will read the email on Tuesday then. But thanks for the advice :smile: did you have to provide a bank account etc. yet? I only plan to open up my account in late August.

Nah no need to provide a bank account. I'll be paying my rent in three bits each term so the rent is not directly taken from my account.
Reply 238
Does anyone know if we have to visit our GPs before going to the University? Are there any documents required describing vaccines,allergies, etc...
Reply 239
Nah no need to provide a bank account. I'll be paying my rent in three bits each term so the rent is not directly taken from my account.

Did they give any reason why they forget to send it to your email adress? I was told to check my mails but haven't received sth. so far. Okay, maybe I am a bit inpatient, but I just worry I get end up somewhere I don't want to.

Quick Reply

Latest