The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Can we apply for accommodation here right now? Even if we have conditional offers?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 561
I applied for collegelands, Buchanan view and chancellors.

anyone got any up to date photos of chancellors?
Original post by zirak46
Can we apply for accommodation here right now? Even if we have conditional offers?

Yes, you can apply even if you have a conditional. You won't hear back about accommodation until you have met your conditions but you are still able to apply and I would suggest doing it as soon as possible to ensure you get a place. You can apply here: https://ben.mis.strath.ac.uk/accomappl/opencontrol/entry
Original post by lifefxrms
Yes, you can apply even if you have a conditional. You won't hear back about accommodation until you have met your conditions but you are still able to apply and I would suggest doing it as soon as possible to ensure you get a place. You can apply here: https://ben.mis.strath.ac.uk/accomappl/opencontrol/entry

Ahh thanks, any tips when applying for it or howto choose? The only thing that im thinking of is whether its en suite and not too expensive. James Goold, Young, Chancellors and Collegelands are the only ones with private shower and toilet, but chancellors is a bit too pricey for me and collegelands is off campus. And in terms of what I want in accomodation and the flatmates.. No clue, i dont really mind so but stuck with that
Original post by dkdkdk
I applied for collegelands, Buchanan view and chancellors.

anyone got any up to date photos of chancellors?

I just looked atthe pics on website and the virtual tours, along with street view to see howtheyare from the outside
Congratulations!
Hi!
I am hopefully coming to Strath in Sept to study Law (conditional offer!). Right now, it is a choice between going for uni halls (James Goold preferably) or The Foundry Courtyard. I have only come across it recently but the flats are so nice and modern! Another big pull is the free gym!! The only thing holding me back is worries about being too far from campus and not making as many friends or having the social life I might have in an on-campus hall. Is anyone planning to go to Foundry Courtyard, or has anyone heard of it? Such a difficult decision to make hahaha

Thank yaaa
Hi guys, is anyone looking to book into student accommodation? I have booked a place at Dobbie's Point but I am unable to take this place. It is a brand new accommodation opening early September. I booked through Fresh Student Living and they will not allow me to cancel however I can give the place to somebody else. I have paid a £150 deposit so far so if you want the place you won't have to pay any deposit! It's for 44 weeks and £144 per week including all bills, maintenance, internet and gym. PM me if anyone wants more details.
Original post by djcarney
Hi!
I am hopefully coming to Strath in Sept to study Law (conditional offer!). Right now, it is a choice between going for uni halls (James Goold preferably) or The Foundry Courtyard. I have only come across it recently but the flats are so nice and modern! Another big pull is the free gym!! The only thing holding me back is worries about being too far from campus and not making as many friends or having the social life I might have in an on-campus hall. Is anyone planning to go to Foundry Courtyard, or has anyone heard of it? Such a difficult decision to make hahaha

Thank yaaa

I looked in to Foundry Courtyard, and although I have to admit it looks lovely, and isn't actually too far away in my opinion, I thought it might be easier to get to know people at the start by staying in the uni accommodation, and maybe go there 2nd year? Just my opinion😊 The gym wouldn't bother me because I'm probably one of the laziest people ever, but if it's something you would use regularly, I can see why you would want somewhere like Foundry Courtyard, you'll still meet people through freshers and your classes, so being social shouldn't be too difficult 😁
Hi everyone, is anyone looking for room in Buchanan View?
Haven't received CAS yet for Sept 2022 intake.
Deposit was paid on MAY 26th 2022.
Was just wondering if the delay is normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending