Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR Chemistry B salters F336 help

Announcements Posted on
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heres the problem, I'm doing decomposition of hydrogen peroxide with a yeast catalyst and I want to find out the rate constant, but the yeast is in grams per dm cubed, and i can't find the molar mass of the yeast to find out the concentration and the reaction is first order with respect to the enzyme. I'm using branstons yeast by the way. Is there a way to get round this, or does anyone know the molecular mass of that particular yeast?
    Thanks in advance.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please help, I've got to do a draft pretty soon and I have no idea on what i'm doing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking of doing this same coursework title for my chemistry f336 coursework investigation. I was wondering if you would recommend it? Did you find it achievable or if you'd advise to avoid this topic because of any particular problems you encountered. Thank you
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaoneeds-education)
    Hi, I'm thinking of doing this same coursework title for my chemistry f336 coursework investigation. I was wondering if you would recommend it? Did you find it achievable or if you'd advise to avoid this topic because of any particular problems you encountered. Thank you
    Do the iodine clock reaction as that's the easiest, although this one is easy when you get the hang of it and work for it, do the experiments due to temperature, ph and whatever else you wanna do, then do it.

Yeast is an organism, so will have no molecular weight, however you can use an inorganic material like potassium permangenate I think, don't use yeast, because you'll end up with the rate constant problem and it complicates things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I've collected all of my data but i've only recorded the times to the nearest second and i was wondering if that was ok or should i record them to 2.d.p?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wondered if anyone has any exemplar coursework I could see as I'm really stuck with no help from my teachers and no previous coursework (its the first year my school has done salters).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.