The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering

Hi i intend to study this at leeds and i was wondering what kind of hours are you in a week? How much work are you expected to do out of lessons for a 2:1

Thanls
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
bump
don't bump so bloody often!

doing gen eng not mech eng and not at that uni but... 24 hours of labs/lectures etc a week. then i probably do another 12 hours a week (we're meant to do a hell of a lot more but i'm really lazy)
Original post by justastudent
Hi i intend to study this at leeds and i was wondering what kind of hours are you in a week? How much work are you expected to do out of lessons for a 2:1

Thanls

Please don't bump threads like that. It is classed as spam and liable to attract a warning.

In common with all other universities, Leeds won't be basing your final grade on how much work you perform. A sensible student seeking to maximise his grade will be be putting in an typical working week of around 35 to 40 hours, including time in lectures and practical sessions, to ensure that his results reflect his ability.
Reply 5
thanks (so if you did really well and missed like half your lectures, you wouldn't get a 2:1? Hmmm), and sorry
if you did really well and missed like half your lectures, you wouldn't get a 2:1?

What strange logical process led to that conclusion? Surely if you did really well you would get a 2:1?
Reply 7
Original post by Good bloke
What strange logical process led to that conclusion? Surely if you did really well you would get a 2:1?

sorry i didn't understand what you meant by they don't base your final grade on how much work you perform
sorry i didn't understand what you meant by they don't base your final grade on how much work you perform

I meant what I said. Your grade is based on your exam success. Nobody measures whether you work five or 55 hours per week but success won't come if you skive off.
Reply 9
Yeah, like I could work 70 hour weeks, and only get a 2:2, and someone else could do 15 and sail gracefully, majestically into a first with ease.

_Kar.
Reply 10
can you help me ??

i have a problem with my heat exchanger. The following I attach documents
How.jpg

How to determine the value Reynold Number if heat exchanger as shown above??. The cold fluid flow in tube with velocity ,v and the outside is hot fluid.

How to determine the heat transfer from the heat exchanger??

I really hope you help me..

thank you before

Reply 11
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
(we're meant to do a hell of a lot more but i'm really lazy)

haha, that's me as well.

Since you're doing gen engineering you must cover all types right? So could you explain to me what you do in Chem, mechanical and electrical?
Reply 12
this heat exchanger is used to heat air that is supplied to the drying chamber..

the type of HX is tube bank and one fluid mixed and the other unmixed..
cold air flowing inside the tube, and outside is hot air from biomass burning..
the air flow caused by suction of the blower...

How:
1. Reynold Number (Re)??
2. Heat Transfer (Q)??

Quick Reply

Latest