The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Freshers Dates??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jmp04
Intro week generally is Freshers as you have a very small amount of lectures (usually that is) and theres lots of orientation events around town to get you used to the area, which is perfect for meets and greets, but you will already know people in your accommodation too so you have drinking buddies from the start.

(And yes "orientation events around town" was a polite way of putting pub crawls)

Awesome :smile: i thought so :smile: the polite term :smile:, and i actually thought there were littel get together then of people just getting used to the layout of the city :') ahah x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
are the clubs expensive to get in around leeds, ive heard there a fiver each but anyone know?
Reply 22
Original post by sambenson10
are the clubs expensive to get in around leeds, ive heard there a fiver each but anyone know?

Depends when/what day e.g. Halo on mondays is £1, Mezz on mondays is 90p, but generally yeah about a fiver.
Reply 23
Original post by Nicola.Garner
Awesome :smile: i thought so :smile: the polite term :smile:, and i actually thought there were littel get together then of people just getting used to the layout of the city :') ahah x

hahaha :smile:

Well ive lived in the Leeds area all my life so if anyone gets lost or needs help finding their way around im sure I can sort something out, either pub crawl wise or as a general sightseeing type event, makes life a little easier when you first get htere if you know the lay of the land in the first few days.
Original post by jmp04
hahaha :smile:

Well ive lived in the Leeds area all my life so if anyone gets lost or needs help finding their way around im sure I can sort something out, either pub crawl wise or as a general sightseeing type event, makes life a little easier when you first get htere if you know the lay of the land in the first few days.

will always make life easier :smile:, you should know all the good places (and also the cheap places) to go out then.... SUPER! :smile: x
Original post by jmp04
Leeds freshers is actually USUALLY 2 weeks due to their being a metropolitan university in the city too and most crowds usually just meet on the mid ground, there will be some Leeds Uni and Leeds Met functions/events that only students at the respective unis can go to, but most of the time its a general free for all type situation

Actually it isn't 2 weeks as the Leeds Met freshers week is the same week as the Leeds one.

Fresher's week technically lasts 1 week at both universities in Leeds, however, the first month you will notice the number of students in town is dramtaically higher than the rest of term time (although numbers in town are still very high during term, it's much worse in the first month).

Official start date for Leeds Uni freshers week is Monday 19th September with most first years moving into halls on the 17/18th (depending on your hall of residence). Leeds Met's official start date for freshers week is Sunday 18th.
Freshers is starting on the 19th for a week . Actual teaching starts on the 26th
Reply 27
19th sept - introduction week
Reply 28
Do people usually move in the first date available for accommodation then? Or wait a day or two?
Reply 29
Original post by Xabi17
Do people usually move in the first date available for accommodation then? Or wait a day or two?

Most people will wait until the weekend to move in, for one reason or another. At least, that was the case last year.

Quick Reply

Latest