The Student Room Group

Rank the sciences in order of "importance"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potassium^2
It's not for me :rolleyes:

Well I've been to Warwick Uni and it's a nice place, so good luck :smile:
You can't really have so many criteria to expect them to be ranked by, so instead i will just choose 1 of yours, "required for university courses"
In this case Chemistry is probably most important, it is the most important A level Subject for medicine and chemistry and biochem and pharmacology and all kinds of subjects. I have seen even in Biology degrees they care just as much about chem A level as Bio A level.
Next is probably physics for physics and engineering degrees, and a whole lot of anything else with technical aspects.
Finally is biology, which is mainly useful for biology degrees, and as an addition to chem for medicine.
Original post by Aaargh
Because chemistry is just a subset of physics? :s-smilie:

But Physics is a subset of Chemistry.
Original post by Aaargh
No it's not :s-smilie:

Chemistry is just leptonic interactions in accordance with the Pauli exclusion principle, which is physics :h:

Blah blah. Physics doesn't really exist though.
Reply 104
I would say physics, chemistry then biology in general but specific areas are different.
Cryptozoology is the most important field, by far: the search for the Loch Ness Monster is far more important than things like cold fusion and finding a cure for cancer :sexface:
Original post by Aaargh
Shhhhhhh! Don't go round telling everyone, or the physics mafia will be out to get you...

If Physics don't exist-

then the Physics mafia doesn't exist.

Unless you're referring to the OCR B Physics A-level spec examiners.

EDIT: And to the neggers-

Waaah. Someone thinks the subject you like is a little bit less important than another subject. Waaah. Go **** yourselves to sleep. Nerds.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Potassium^2
It's not for me :rolleyes:

You rejected a Cambridge Mathematics of-

:facepalm2:

OP: Maths, as it is the purest one.

Original post by Barden
Cryptozoology is the most important field, by far: the search for the Loch Ness Monster is far more important than things like cold fusion and finding a cure for cancer :sexface:

What the ****?
Original post by im so academic

What the ****?

It is what is known, in most cultures, as a joke.
Reply 109
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
and (if you can call them sciences):
Psychology
Sociology

Quick Reply

Latest