The Student Room Group

What's a mature non UK student to do?

:confused: Just go back to your country! that's what I wanna do. After a six month period while loads of friends I know were accepted into unis by the end of January, Me, mature and foreign student I just received only rejections. By the end of March though. King's college and UCL rejected me for no reason in History, I am now waiting for Soas. They sent me stupid questionnaires to fill in with your local evaluations which I don't have not taking care that I am not english so they should have treated me a little bit nicer. I already know that Soas will reject me, so what's the point? I think I will go back to study in my country. I hate English institutions.
Reply 1
I don't mean to insult, but perhaps your attitude came across and that's why you didn't get in?
Universities don't reject candidates "for no reason". Perhaps you should ask them for some feedback or just accept that there were other, better qualified, more adjusted candidates than you.
Reply 3
Oh well..no really I started applying like 5 months ago, and I was at the top of myself! Why did they make me wait 4 months for their decisions? I could've done something else in the meantime. I am just saying that English institution are restricted and I don't understand why. I am paying you money for studying plus my grades are the maximum what else could they want? They should treat students depending on their own different background, to me they didn't even look at mine.
Sorry but it's not nice having spent half a year planning to study here, when everything falls down you have to spit it out somehow.
Reply 4
Instead of spitting your dummy out here maybe ask the universities why they said no? I was rejected last year but i only applied for 1 place, this year i went for 5 and 4 of those said no and with a little persistance and jumping through hoops i got into another. If you dont ask you will never know
dont let the door hit you on the way out?

Latest

Trending

Trending