The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield Uni Band

Anybody starting at Huddersfield in the year of 2011 and fancy starting a band? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hey, I'm up for that - been looking to start a new band but I thought I might as well wait until I get to university now.
What do you play? :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I play drums :biggrin: wbu?
Reply 3
I play guitar, can do a bit of backin vocals too.

What kind of stuff are you in to? :smile:
Reply 4
I Love avenged sevenfold and bullet for my Valentine atm however Im actually quite open music wise i like anything from arctic monkeys and the wombats to iron maiden and system of a down, what about you?
And oh Yeahh Im a girl btw :biggrin:
Reply 5
Yeah musically I have a massive range of interests from Metallica to B.B King and everything in between, but all the bands you just said I love haha. Especially Avenged, Synyster Gates is the man.

That's cool, don't worry I'm not sexually or musically biased, as long as it's fun and everything :biggrin:
Reply 6
Yeahh :biggrin: off to see them at download this year can't wait :P
and well that's very nice to know :smile:
Reply 7
Tbh I thought Download looked quite lackluster this year, Sonisphere has looked badass the past 2 years though :biggrin:

So what will you be studying at uni and where are you thinking of living? =]
Reply 8
I will be studying psychology :smile: but i dont live that far from the university but im moving out anyway, looking at stopping in Aspley Halls or Firth point or something, what about you?
Reply 9
I'm going to be studying Journalism and hopefully staying at Storthes halls :biggrin:
I live in Manchester so the odds of me being able to commute to Huddersfield every day are slim haha, that's also a good thing from a band point as I have loads of contact numbers for venues in Manchester where I used to frequent with my old band :biggrin:
Reply 10
Nice :smile: I was going to go to Storthes halls but decided i prefered Aspley.

Well im from Hemsworth its about a 40 minute drive away but id rather live at the university, have a bit more freedom than if i lived at home.

and well ill tell you now i never played gigs with any of my old bands becuase they were shocking haha, the other members never took it seriously which drove me insane, a lot of people have also been sexist about me being a girl drummer and thats probably one of the reasons they never took it seriously :/
Reply 11
Yeah, that's why regardless of if I was studying in Manchester I would still be moving away from home.

That sucks, I would say I have a healthy balance of taking it seriously and knowing when to have a laugh haha, and don't worry - if we got to that point playing live is brilliant, the euphoria of playing in front of 20/50/100/300 people overwhelms nerves and stuff.
I hate all that macho band crap, it's you as a person and your skill with your instrument that matters, not whether you have boobs or balls.
Reply 12
I have played in talent competitions before and the feeling was amazing :smile:
and Yeahh that really pisses me off tbh :/
Reply 13
Yeah - I've only ever played in one talent day competition and that was back in school when I was 15 or something haha
How long have you been playing anyway? =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending