Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Female Rugby Player's Fight Back To Fitness ..

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Glad to know that you have made a quick recovery. =]
    Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my first session in 2 weeks(ish) yesterday so need to get back into it again ...

Yesterdays lifts

squat 30kg 3x5
    bench press 27.5kg 3x5
    Calf Raises 27.5kg 3x8
    Tricep Dips 3x8

Went swimming today and did HIIT because county trials are approaching and I want to make sure I have the fitness levels since weve only done one fitness session a week as a squad
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really need to remember to update this ...

Todays lifts

squat 35kg 3x5
    bench press 25kg 3x5
    Calf Raises 30kg 3x8
    Tricep Dips 3x8
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just read first post, how's that killer arse coming on?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    Just read first post, how's that killer arse coming on?
    Not bad Got a long way to go but definitely an improvement
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just flicked through. Some interesting stuff, gratz on sticking to it. Getting back into something is waaaaay harder than starting out.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deadlift 45kg 2x5 (intended to do 3 sets but nearly fainted lol, need to remember to breathe!)
    Close grip Bench Press 20kg 3x5
    Bentover Barbell row 20kg 3x8

Wasnt feeling the love for lunges today, I worry too much about my knee! May have a look into replacing them tbh, we'll see.

Also did some coaching today .. U13s - who knew they could have so much energy!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Just flicked through. Some interesting stuff, gratz on sticking to it. Getting back into something is waaaaay harder than starting out.
    Thanks, always nice to see some support
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday just did some work on benching, learned to retract my scapulas properly to stop the weird crunching noise in shoulder, so at least it was useful!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squat 35kg 3x5
    Strict press 20kg 3x5
    Straight leg Deadlift 25kg 3x8
    power clean 20kg 3x5

Contact session at rugby tonight
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Felt really good today so thought id push myself a bit

Squat 40kg 1x5 <- chuffed with finally hitting 40kg, actually felt i had another set in me but due to swimming later and kicking practice tomorrow i played it safe

DB Bench press 10kg each hand 1x5, 7.5kg 2x5 <- DB because my brother wasnt there to spot me

Calf raises 30kg 3x8

Tricep dips 3x8

And swimming now to finish off, also looking into gym membership as i can get one for £10 a month for use all council run gyms in my area, i know the weights section will be rubbish more than likely but its worth it for the swimming and I will still have my weights at home
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did dothe weights today, but I cant for the life of me remember any numbers

Also had a good swim to get the old cardio up to scratch!

Oh and was selected for the county team so the weights have definitely paid off, going to try to up the conditioning work now and aim for divisional early 2012!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not been able to do the weights for a while because I'm having trouble with my back, no idea what is wrong or how I did it but I just want to lift again!

Also, bit of advice, use deep heat sparingly ... my back was burning for 20 minutes last night and disrupted my sleep
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Forgot about this

Ive been neglecting the weights due to rugby and other commitments, and I have missed it! Im going to try to be more consistent, and will be swimming tonight then starting with the weights again tomorrow due to no training. I wont have specific days to do specific exercises, i'll stick to my current routine and work out 3 days a week with at least one days rest between, but no set days (it will depend on commitments).

Here's my post taken from the Barbelles Society about my goals for 2012 ..

(Original post by MissLightyear)
    We did some flexibility testing in PE today and my scores were pathetic (I got MINUS 5 in the sit and reach test) so that would be a goal.

So all my fitness goals will be ...

- Improve flexibility (aim for 25 on the sit and reach test maybe)
    - Improve cardiovascular fitness (do more interval and steady state cardio)
    - Lift consistently (Ive forgot about my log and started missing sessions which isnt good!)
    - Make divisional squad (Rugby)
    - Through lifting consistently I think 60kg Squat, 80 kg DL and 40kg Bench by the end of 2012 (Im not sure how realistic due to other commitments and being a wimp but its something to aim for)
    - See a visible improvement in Body composition
    - Stay injury free!

I didnt really have goals for this year except get into lifting and rugby orientated goals so nothing to really look back on.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bring it on!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Todays lifts

squat 5x5 30kg
    bench press 3x5 20kg
    One Legged Calf Raises 3x8 20kg
    Tricep dips 3x8

Didnt want to push myself too much due to just getting back into it, but regretting it now because I feel like I havent put enough effort in! Anyway, wont be home tomorrow as Im off to watchthe wombats, but Im hoping to do a bit of boxing tabata training saturday as well as the weights, as I want to focus on conditioning a bit more.

Also, started stretching every morning, hopefully there'll be a noticable difference by christmas in flexibilty
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a rugby match today, was pointless really, turned up to play half an hour because they didnt have enough players :| couldnt even convince them to mix the teams and play a friendly afterwards.

So will definitely be able to do the weights tomorrow since I feel like ive done nothing today!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I have a habit of injuring myself when i sleep! I did weights last monday and had serious DOMS from squats so did some light cardio (exercise bike) tuesday and wednesday and some boxing/skipping thursday.

The weekend wasnt too good either, woke up friday morning and twisted to get up, my shoulder let out a massive crunching noise and has been aching since and Sunday was a no go anyway as I was out saturday night. Shoulder is nothing serious but I couldnt squat/bench/press so i just did some HIIT.

Hopefully swimming tomorrow will sort it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today

Squat - 35kg 3x5
    Bench press - 25kg 3x5
    Calf raises - 35kg 3x8
    Tricep dips - 3x8

Tried to film squats but that failed, my phone camera isnt very good so i'll try to borrow my mums video camera next time!

Also, foam rolled for the first time ... Oh. My. God. I felt pain in muscles I didnt even know existed! Definitely recommend it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Just thought I'd whack a quick message in here to say how awesome I think your consistency is with posting. Keep it up into 2012!

What position are you playing now? Heading for divisionals?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.