Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Geography or History

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    YOUR opinion on these subjects and why you would choose them...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)
    YOUR opinion on these subjects and why you would choose them...
    Depends on what you are studying, topics wise.

Women's suffrage >>>>>>>>>> Soil science

Urban geography >>>>>>>>>> Lead up to WWII

Overall I like geography better but history is still awesome
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Both are brilliant, but I prefer history personally. History is just sooo good; it's my best thing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Geography!
    I love Physical Geography
    Also, history isn't anywhere near as useful as Geog
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    History by a long long long long way
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do both... Physical geography, two thumbs up. The rest, however, is a big fat bore (imo anyway)!
    Which brings me to history: No word of a lie, it's the only lesson which I actually fully 100% focus in(no phone,no nothing lol)... It's so damn interesting! Once something captivates your interest, you don't mind writing an essay about it nor does it take you ages to revise the concepts! So yeah, I'd say history
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardOfOz#1)
    I do both... Physical geography, two thumbs up. The rest, however, is a big fat bore (imo anyway)!
    Physical geography is the most boring part of geography!! Human geography is the bomb Sometimes I couldn't care less about soil or rivers or limestone pavements or wave-cut platforms or vegetation succession........ the list goes on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    History ftw, because only clever people study it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chr1stopher11)
    Physical geography is the most boring part of geography!! Human geography is the bomb Sometimes I couldn't care less about soil or rivers or limestone pavements or wave-cut platforms or vegetation succession........ the list goes on.
    :eek:! This is the sad bit, I haven't learnt any of the things that you have listed! Two of our units are based on human geography (urbanisation and tourism) and only one is based (natural hazards: wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes and tropical storms) on physical geog I'm not even commenting on the bit in bold, it's just shocking LOL! It's ten times better to learn about the earth than how tourism is forever fluctuating in different parts of the world I mean crikey :/ lol!

Have you taken it for a level?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    physical geography > human geography > history.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I study history at A-level although I didn't take it at GCSE (should have done really, chose French instead) because I wanted to understand more about British history and the world wars, plus I'm much better at writing essays than short technical answers. I took Geography at GCSE but hated the coursework and human geography really really bores me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardOfOz#1)
    :eek:! This is the sad bit, I haven't learnt any of the things that you have listed! Two of our units are based on human geography (urbanisation and tourism) and only one is based (natural hazards: wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes and tropical storms) on physical geog I'm not even commenting on the bit in bold, it's just shocking LOL! It's ten times better to learn about the earth than how tourism is forever fluctuating in different parts of the world I mean crikey :/ lol!

Have you taken it for a level?
    Don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy physical geography, it is just soil science that makes me want to cry. Urbanisation and tourism are interesting, don't diss!

No I do Scottish Highers instead of A Levels but I think they are similar in content. But I am going to do geography (BA, so more human than physical) at university
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They my 2 fav subjects, but if I had to choose, I would say...
    HISTORY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone that i know that did geography finds it so much harder because of the case studies...I did history for gcse and it was so good, all you have to do is write essays and do a bit of coursework its really fun i'd say history

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2011
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.