The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Just got an offer!!!!!!!! Wohooooooooo
Original post by maggots

WELL DONE!
Was that after being on the waiting list?
Reply 282
thanks,

not waiting list no, it was a deferred decision list meaning they didn't decide until they interviewed more candidates and then compared the people on the deferred decision list to the recently interviewed ones.
Reply 283
Aww congradulations maggots, will be seeing you in September..how exciting! :-)
Reply 284
Original post by maggots

Ahh well done, such a good outcome!! Are you or anyone else with offers going to the open day in march? I wanna find people (preferably other dental students) to live with cuz I don't want to go back into halls!
Reply 285
I know the feeling ap32g09! I found a website that offers peninsula medical and dental students purpose built accommodation near the main devonport hospital. Looks really nice except there's no parking..I'm in Australia at the mo and not back to end of July so sorting accommodation out is going to be a bit rushed, what's everyone else's plans?!
Reply 286
Hi ! Basically all i would like to say is how can peninsula reject one of my mates when she achieved a 1st class honors in her previous degree and we all know that she smashed that interview. I think that most people should not be accepted because they will most probably reject it themselves. The most annoying part is that this is her second time applying to this uni and they still don't accept her . She is my best mate and to be honest they do not know what they have just missed out on . Oh well its there loss. Oh and by the way anyone who will apply there in future, Good Luck because these people are harsh!
Reply 287
Well hello there everybody...how are we all doing then...

so who am i seeing in Sept??? why am i asking? oh basically.....I GOT AN OFFFERRRRR!!!!! BRING IT ONNNN DENTISTRY!!!

CMOOON!
Original post by fattyP
Hi ! Basically all i would like to say is how can peninsula reject one of my mates when she achieved a 1st class honors in her previous degree and we all know that she smashed that interview. I think that most people should not be accepted because they will most probably reject it themselves. The most annoying part is that this is her second time applying to this uni and they still don't accept her . She is my best mate and to be honest they do not know what they have just missed out on . Oh well its there loss. Oh and by the way anyone who will apply there in future, Good Luck because these people are harsh!

How do you know she smashed the interview? Maybe her answers were good, but maybe they weren't the answers Peninsula were looking for or others may have performed more strongly. There really is an aspect of luck involved.

Also it's a great achievement getting a 1st in your degree, however this doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be a better dentist. Academics is just a box ticker for most of the admissions team.

It really is a shame that this is her second time applying, if she really wants it tell her to apply again and choose her/his universities smartly i.e. choose the universities that maybe like academic. The fact that she got an interview means his/her application must have been good, however others may have performed better. I know someone who got into dental school as a grad in their 3rd attempt.

Does you friend have any interviews/offers/rejections from the other 3 choices?
Reply 289
Original post by DDD99
Well hello there everybody...how are we all doing then...

so who am i seeing in Sept??? why am i asking? oh basically.....I GOT AN OFFFERRRRR!!!!! BRING IT ONNNN DENTISTRY!!!

CMOOON!

hi was you on the waiting list?
Reply 290
Original post by lisa101
hi was you on the waiting list?

yup i was....i cudnt believe it after they saying they gona do more interviews...i thought i had no chance...

how did u do?
Reply 291
Original post by DDD99
yup i was....i cudnt believe it after they saying they gona do more interviews...i thought i had no chance...

how did u do?

I am on the waiting list at number 3, what position was you on the waiting list? Congrats for your offer you must be so so happy! fingers crossed for me! have they given all offers out already then?
Just confirmed my UCAS and Peninsula is my firm choice! So hopefully see you there! :smile:
Firmed Peninsula!!!!! Now to count down the days, hours, minutes and seconds.............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by TheTechnician
Firmed Peninsula!!!!! Now to count down the days, hours, minutes and seconds.............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Are you a dental technology graduate? just thought because of your name.
I will be applying next year and it would be good to hear of someone who's done the same as me.
Original post by Gary Barlow
Are you a dental technology graduate? just thought because of your name.
I will be applying next year and it would be good to hear of someone who's done the same as me.

Hiya! I'm a biomedical sciences graduate currently on my gap year. Sorry to disappoint, the name just popped into my head when I was registering, thought it sounded cool lol, best of luck with the application :biggrin:
Reply 296
Hi everyone been watching this site for 2 years now...am hopefully starting at peninsula dental school in September and was wondering what people were doing in terms of accomodation..have started looking at studio flats but dont know plymouth at all...any help will be much appreciated..
thanks and goodluck to all..:smile:
Hiya guys! Thought I would create a Facebook group so we can get to know each other and discuss all things 'Peninsula' :biggrin: :biggrin: . Join us on http://www.facebook.com/groups/314246995295421/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 298
Original post by TheTechnician
Hiya guys! Thought I would create a Facebook group so we can get to know each other and discuss all things 'Peninsula' :biggrin: :biggrin: . Join us by searching 'Peninsula Dentists - Freshers 2012' via Facebook.

:smile: sounds good

Quick Reply

Latest