The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I definitely need to go to Lidl and Aldi more often - it seems like all these obscure delights are from one or both of those!
Original post by FionaJane1
Toffifee's! They're a German toffee, with a roasted hazelnet, and chocolate on top.

I LOVE Toffifee :love:

Tonga Toast
Deep-friend banana-stuffed sourdough rolled in cinnamon sugar.
Also:

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (OM NOM NOM)

Nestle Toll House Ice Cream Sandwich (I'm generally not fussed on ice cream but this is delicious)

And because it's just so cute:
Chocolate Moose
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Schogetten - love it. Strawberry and chocolate... together. Yum.

Lidl does them.

and aldi too, the praline ones yum too.
I want to try the cappucino and tiramusu one too x

These are so good!
Don't know if you get them in the UK, I think there should be one. There are different types like there another one with hazelnut chocolate or coconut, etc.
Original post by el pollo diablo

And because it's just so cute:
Chocolate Moose

Anyone else think this was a faceplanted duck at first glance? :colondollar:
Reply 86
TOFITA

They're most like Fruit-tellas, although much more superior, also a sub for Chewits, Starburst and the like....available from Kurdish/Turkish corer shops/offies
Reply 87
Coco pops jumbos are a lesser known variant of the Coco Pops range - they have the same size and texture of Nesquik Cereal, but with that distinctive Coco Pops taste! YUMZERS!

Reply 88
Original post by MelissaJayne
oh wow. They sound joy. Are they soft like pops, or firm like Nesquik? I'd say Nesquik were a TINY bit too hard for my liking. Somewhere in the centre would be perfeccccts.

It's exactly that! Not the mouth-raping texture of Golden Nuggets or Nesquik cereal, but firmer than, say, Coco Pops. Think maybe somewhere close to Moons and Stars...
Reply 89
Original post by jeh_jeh
Char siu buns:

Plus, I've discovered that you can buy them frozen from an Asian supermarket and cook them in a vegetable steamer. :love:

This!! Now I really want some char siu buns!

Also, Maxibon ice creams. They sell them everywhere in Spain and the Canary Islands, but I always seem to have trouble finding them in the supermarkets here! :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
That's weird, I just made a post about Maxibons being dirt cheap here in Newcastle at the minute, in another thread. Did you read my post or was it just SUPERCOINCIDENCE?
Reply 91
Original post by TotoMimo
That's weird, I just made a post about Maxibons being dirt cheap here in Newcastle at the minute, in another thread. Did you read my post or was it just SUPERCOINCIDENCE?

Wow definitely a massive coincidence!! And they sell Maxibons in Newcastle? :eek: I must have been looking in the wrong shops! :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Yep - the Heron Supermarket (freezer shop in the centre) is currently selling Maxibons for FIVE FOR A POUND.

*pause for drama*

That's right.
Fentimans ginger beer
It burns your throat a lot, but it has an awesome aftertaste and it grows on you

(Also good is Bundaberg root beer)
Reply 94
Haha, I posted a few pages back about the Curiosity Cola!
I've gotta give it to parenica - Slovak smoked cheese, usually comes in rolls.

You can find it all over Slovakia / the Czech Republic, I eat a whole roll at a time!
No treats for me guessing that it's you who started (yet another) food thread. :grin:

Anyway, I don't know the name of it, but it's basically green bananas (the ones you're supposed to cook) cooked in tomato sauce added with coconut milk, and depending on your choice, you can have either lamb or fish in it. I think it's typically called banana and meat/fish stew.

(edited 13 years ago)
cheese and peanut butter sandwich. doesn't fit in the thread but i don't care because they are too delicious
Reply 98
Just thought of another one - bak kwa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakkwa

Pork jerky basically, but tastes oh so good! :biggrin: I think you can buy it in Asian food stores, but don't quote me on that!
Reply 99

Ritter Sport is the chocolate of gods. God addicted to this stuff in Italy many years ago and practically live on it when I'm skiing. Can't find the white with hazlenuts in the UK but Fenwick sells a couple of different bars in the food hall, and Aldi sells mini Ritter Sport packs which are cheap and fantastic!

And these! Little chocolate bars with strawberry cream inside. Heaven! Haven't found a UK stockist yet though ):

And I can't find a picture but Aldi apple pie cookies, come in like a green metallic wrapper? Amazing! Just try them!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest