The Student Room Group

Is a transfer from my current university course possible?

Hi,

I've been studying at Warwick University since the beginning of the academic year, however I now feel that I would have done a lot better at an easier university. Unfortunately, it took me a while to realise this but I hope the issue can be rectified...

My hopeful intention is to drop out of the current year, and transfer to the University of York to take mathematics (probably with physics) from the first year again, but take next year out to get a job and achieve more financial and individual stability.

Would this sort of change be possible? Or a close one? My grades at A-level were A*AA (further mathematics, mathematics, physics) respectively, so I'm not sure how I'd fair if I applied as a mature student (which I assume I would be if I dropped out now).

Thanks,
Harry
Reply 1
Also, I would be keeping up with my mathematical skills during the year out, such as taking AEA/STEP papers and extra reading, which I'll mention in my personal statement.
If you take a year out, I think you'd have to reapply through UCAS. Which would mean you would have £9000 fees instead of £3000 (ish).
Why don't you try to transfer for your second year? Assuming you're planning to do a similar course to what you are now?

Quick Reply

Latest