The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

WBS Firmers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by philipp
Hey, I'll be firming my Warwick offer as well for N200 Management. Still waiting for my last response to decide on my insurance but I'm hoping beyond anything that it works out with WBS. How is the campus and housing? I didn't get a chance to attend any of the open days as I live in Germany, so I haven't seen much of the university itself.

hi nice to meet you :smile:
i will be doing N200 as well. I like the campus but then if you like city such as London more you would probably hate it haha:tongue:
But the campus I think its very nice.
I am still deciding which hall to apply. Have you got any idea?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by Shyney
Well, UPenn: Wharton looks phenomenal but I would settle for any of them to be honest, and the Course Director at the open day said they were adding more institutions all the time so by the time we're in 3rd year there might be another 10 places on the list. WBS e-mailed me today actually with a recorded version of the talk we were given at the open day, I can put the link on here for you if you want? By the way, what are you planning on doing for accommodation?

I think I already got an email from yourWarwick having those Youtube videos (those presentations of both fellows and students). And I would love to go to Hongkong on my third year.

I seriously do not have a clue about accommodation. I must figure it out by today cause they are going to launch the online application for accommodation soon this month. The only thing I can be certain at the moment is that I am going to stay on campus :smile:.

On the train heading off to Coventry now. The tickets were so expensive, £50 for a round-trip from Cambridge, should have checked the online cheap fares in advance.
Reply 22
Original post by giggsny
no worries :smile:

yes i think so, but do you need to do any module related to language for the international management?:smile:

No I don't think so since they said foreign language is optional and we are going to continue our modules in English on our third year abroad anyway.
Reply 23
Original post by chuchuchu
I think I already got an email from yourWarwick having those Youtube videos (those presentations of both fellows and students). And I would love to go to Hongkong on my third year.

I seriously do not have a clue about accommodation. I must figure it out by today cause they are going to launch the online application for accommodation soon this month. The only thing I can be certain at the moment is that I am going to stay on campus :smile:.

On the train heading off to Coventry now. The tickets were so expensive, £50 for a round-trip from Cambridge, should have checked the online cheap fares in advance.

Ahh okay, I would check out the one by Mikko, if you haven't already, he went to UPenn while he was doing the course and his presentation was top class. Wow that's pretty steep, if you get them on the Trainline you can save like £30.
Reply 24
I am spending my good time in Warwick. The campus is nice but the city (?) center is quite a meh.

I think I will pick Westwood for any good cause I don't really mind walking, but if my parents feel like living expenses is not a problem, I will choose Bluebell.
Reply 25
I am spending my good time in Warwick. The campus is nice but the city (?) center is quite a meh.

I think I will pick Westwood for any good cause I don't really mind walking, but if my parents feel like living expenses is not a problem, I will choose Bluebell.

Yeah I thought Coventry isn't great to be honest. It reminded me of where I live as well :/ Warwick is literally in a bubble though so location was fine for me.

I think my 1st choice is going to be Bluebell, for second I'm torn between AV/JM and Rootes, would be Rootes all the way but I need to get at least a 2:1 every year, so I need to do some work at least. Prices are fairly ridiculous at Bluebell though...

What did you think of the campus in general?
Reply 26
Original post by Shyney
Yeah I thought Coventry isn't great to be honest. It reminded me of where I live as well :/ Warwick is literally in a bubble though so location was fine for me.

I think my 1st choice is going to be Bluebell, for second I'm torn between AV/JM and Rootes, would be Rootes all the way but I need to get at least a 2:1 every year, so I need to do some work at least. Prices are fairly ridiculous at Bluebell though...

I was only able to visit Rootes since it is where my friends are staying. It is quite similar to my recent boarding school except that the brew room is relatively bigger as well as the fridges. I was sharing toilets and showers in my year 12, but having an en-suite room this year so having a shared-bathroom in university could make me feel a little bit degraded.

The campus is good in the sense that you can find most of trivial stuffs there (food from supermarket, coffee at Costa or entertainment at the Art Center) but it's not really enjoyable. I think I have to go to Birmingham every weekend in this case.

Are you home or international student? I saw they are raising their tuition fees for international students to £16k this year, so maybe there is no Bluebell for me. :frown:
Reply 27
I was only able to visit Rootes since it is where my friends are staying. It is quite similar to my recent boarding school except that the brew room is relatively bigger as well as the fridges. I was sharing toilets and showers in my year 12, but having an en-suite room this year so having a shared-bathroom in university could make me feel a little bit degraded.

The campus is good in the sense that you can find most of trivial stuffs there (food from supermarket, coffee at Costa or entertainment at the Art Center) but it's not really enjoyable. I think I have to go to Birmingham every weekend in this case.

Are you home or international student? I saw they are raising their tuition fees for international students to £16k this year, so maybe there is no Bluebell for me. :frown:

Yeah, I would definitely prefer an en-suite if I can get one. My plan is to go to Birmingham at the weekend as well, a lot of my friends are going to university there so it should be good to meet up with them. I thought the campus had everything you could want though, and the Tesco nearby was definitely a bonus, I just can't see myself going out much in Coventry.

I'm a home student, it's terrible that you have to pay £16k for exactly the same service, but it's better value than the U.S. I suppose! By the way which country are you from?
Reply 28
Original post by Shyney
Yeah, I would definitely prefer an en-suite if I can get one. My plan is to go to Birmingham at the weekend as well, a lot of my friends are going to university there so it should be good to meet up with them. I thought the campus had everything you could want though, and the Tesco nearby was definitely a bonus, I just can't see myself going out much in Coventry.

I'm a home student, it's terrible that you have to pay £16k for exactly the same service, but it's better value than the U.S. I suppose! By the way which country are you from?

Westwood is the closet hall to Tesco even though it is far away from the campus center. Like I said, I don't mind walking to lectures but I do mind walking to get food so I would go for Westwood eventually. Westwood room is quite big compared to others which is definitely a bonus.

The food from Tesco is far cheaper than food in the campus supermarket (the cheapest I've heard is from the market at the center of Coventry, but it takes like ages to get there).

I'm from Vietnam.
Reply 29
Hi guys,

I received a conditional offer from WBS N200 on February the 8th. The condition was quite simple : my head teacher had to send a reference letter, which he did a month ago.

I selected WBS N200 as my firm choice on UCAS. Warwick has received my letter but they still haven't changed my offer status to succesfull or unconditional.

So I was wondering if any of you were in the same situation and if it's normal to still be unconditional this late in the year ?
Thanks,

Ben
Reply 30
Anyone ?

Are you all in the same situation ? ( conditional offer, firm choice ; or are you definitely accepted ? )
Original post by Ben-
Anyone ?

Are you all in the same situation ? ( conditional offer, firm choice ; or are you definitely accepted ? )

Try contact the WBS admissions department to check that they have received the letter :smile:
Reply 32
Firmed my place for the Accounting & Finance course (NN34).
AAA
Quite looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by *Johanna*
atm I firmed Manchester for International Management w/ American Business Studies and Warwick is my insurance ( International Management ) but Im not so sure anymore if this was a good idea :frown:

Just out of interest why did you pick Manchester over Warwick? And if you get in touch with UCAS within like 10 days I think I'm fairly sure you can change the decision if needs be.

If you want some advice the course at Warwick is seriously good based on the research I've done, I don't personally know too much about the Manchester course but in general terms the Warwick brand is a big advantage when looking for employment, Manchester is really very good but it just isn't quite there with Warwick in that regard. At the end of the day I would just go with what suits your priorities and preferences and you'll make the right decision.
Reply 34
Original post by *Johanna*
I liked the course at Manchester more and I really couldn't stand to live in a small town for another three years .... I also felt like Manchester is taking better care of me cause they did send me lots of brochures and I get information via email and I didnt hear anything from Warwick.
In the end my heart said Manchester :smile:

Ahh good, as long as your happy with the decision you've made it'll the best option, good luck at Manchester anyway!
Original post by Shyney

Original post by Shyney

same here !! Bluebell is my first choice !!!
Reply 36
Original post by charmaine_w
same here !! Bluebell is my first choice !!!

Ahhh awesome, I'm beyond excited to go provided I get the grades of course. Which course have you applied to?
Original post by Shyney
Ahhh awesome, I'm beyond excited to go provided I get the grades of course. Which course have you applied to?

: ) : )
Management
How about you?
Reply 38
Hands up if you got rejected from LSE.
Reply 39
Original post by charmaine_w
: ) : )
Management
How about you?

I went for International Management so pretty much the exact same except 4 years with a year abroad, massively excited for October now!

Quick Reply

Latest