Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

WBS Firmers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Krebs
Hands up if you got rejected from LSE.

Didn't apply as I really wanted a 4 year course with some time abroad or in industry and much preferred the look of Warwick to LSE if I'm honest!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Shyney
I went for International Management so pretty much the exact same except 4 years with a year abroad, massively excited for October now!

so u have to learn an extra language?
Reply 42
Original post by charmaine_w
so u have to learn an extra language?

No, it's a bit confusing! :L In International Management you do a year abroad in an English speaking country/university so basically in Australia, Canada or the US and I think there are one or two places you can go to in Hong Kong. International Business is the one which has another language and study abroad in a European Country, I think.

Basically I wanted a year studying abroad but without the extra language stuff, so it's the exact same course as Management except third year is abroad and so it's a 4 year course.
Reply 43
Hey Everybody,

I have firmed my conditional offer to do Management, just need to send them verification of my reference. I'm really looking forward to it but as I am 21 I am a bit worried about being older than most of the freshers! Did everyone receive the reading list by the way, pretty extensive, ordered a few off amazon so we'll see how that goes. I can't wait for freshers week, I went to Imperial to study Physics for a year and the SU there was AWFUL in comparison to Warwick. Warwick's SU is so good in comparison, plus there is 50/50 girls to guys instead of 30/70 like at Imperial.
Reply 44
Accounting and Finance
Offer: AAA (in Maths and Econ)

Nice to meet you guys. See you in October!
Reply 45
Accounting and Finance here as well :smile:
Reply 46
Hi everyone. I have firmed International Management course and now i am sure that i will be studying in Warwick because i met all requirements.
So maybe there are more people here who will be studying this course too? :smile:
Hi!
me too Accounting and Finance! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by mogans
Accounting and Finance here as well :smile:

Original post by Miss daluna
Hi!
me too Accounting and Finance! :smile:

Hurrah! 2 other A&F-ers. I can't wait till October.

Have you guys picked your accommodation yet? Do you mind if I ask what you picked?
Original post by KP 2010

Original post by KP 2010
Hurrah! 2 other A&F-ers. I can't wait till October.

Have you guys picked your accommodation yet? Do you mind if I ask what you picked?

I haven't applied yet, but I already know which ones...
I would like an ensuite one so my first 3 choices
are Bluebell, Arthur Vick and Lakeside...

And you guys? :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Miss daluna
I haven't applied yet, but I already know which ones...
I would like an ensuite one so my first 3 choices
are Bluebell, Arthur Vick and Lakeside...

And you guys? :smile:

I haven't picked yet either.

I'm gonna look at them this week and make my choices. :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Krebs

You're certainly not the only one!

Original post by Renata04
Hi everyone. I have firmed International Management course and now i am sure that i will be studying in Warwick because i met all requirements.
So maybe there are more people here who will be studying this course too? :smile:

Same here, International Management, FIRM and conditions met :smile:
hey guys!!

Well i will be doing chemistry with management.So i will be spending 30%(i think) of my time with you WBS people!I have core courses in A&F but most in management.My first choice accommodation is bluebell and second is jack martin.I'lll be happy in any of them(lol i jk)...i DEMAND bluebell!! :P
Reply 53
Original post by Krebs

I turned down LSE Management for Warwick Management. :wink: but it wasn't an easy decision to make back then.

For undergrad education, I prefer Warwick to LSE. Postgrad would be another story though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Mr. Roxas
I turned down LSE Management for Warwick Management. :wink: but it wasn't an easy decision to make back then.

For undergrad education, I prefer Warwick to LSE. Postgrad would be another story though.

wow thats reli a tough choice! bt haha anyway when it comes to mgt i believe warwick is as good as LSE, if not better :tongue:
Reply 55
Sorry to start up this thread again but what AS grades did you guys/girls get?

Hoping to apply to Warwick and LSE for Management. Thanks in advance
Reply 56
Warwick Management requires AAAB including a maths or science and a humanities or social-science essay based subject.
Reply 57
Original post by CTMWBS
Warwick Management requires AAAB including a maths or science and a humanities or social-science essay based subject.

is that at AS? Think I can manage that - I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Economics & Business so meet the criteria. Cheers
Original post by Part A
is that at AS? Think I can manage that - I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Economics & Business so meet the criteria. Cheers

You need either AAAb so 3 A-Levels and an AS-Level

OR

A*AA.
Reply 59
Original post by Tsunami2011
You need either AAAb so 3 A-Levels and an AS-Level

OR

A*AA.

Ah cheers, that's what I'm hoping to get. Do you have experience of applying there? I'm dropping Business next year and I got told if I was successful, I would get an offer of 3A's and a B at AS level so good to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending