The Student Room Group

scholarships?

hey : )

Ok so I live in Dubai and I want to apply to a university in Canada or USA

I got 4 A*'s and 4 A's in my IGCSE's and I’m giving my AS exams in June

Now the big big big problem is that my family can no ways afford to send me anywhere outside Dubai cuz it’s going to cost them too much and they have my sisters and brothers fee's to pay as well! I was thinking of applying to U of T in Canada.. does anyone here know if I stand any chance whatsoever to get a scholarship? I mean are my grades good enough? I do have a good mix of certificates so I think that would count too. Also can anyone suggest universities in USA or Canada that are good and would grant me a scholarship as an international student? I am actually a Pakistani so I think that would somehow decrease my chances =/

Do anyone here think I should even apply to universities in Canada or USA? I mean I’ve always wanted to go to a really good university but the financial problems seem to be coming in the middle : (
If your grades are good enough, there shouldn't be any reason why you can't go to a uni in Canada or the USA. Have a look at Study in Canada, which lists unis and sources of scholarships. For the USA, have a look at the Fulbright Commission website and sites like StudyUSA
Reply 2
Hi,

I know a website that can help you find scholarships. Go to www.hotcourses.com.pk where you will be able to find Scholarships and courses as in the UK, USA, Australia and other countries too! The good thing is that this website is for Pakistani students so you can find exactly what youre looking for.

Cheers and good luck!!
OMG same problem, except i live in england atm and am in the middle of my A levels but my family is moving to pakistan so i'm gonna have to do my AS exams again, or just repeat the whole AS year! and i don't know if i wanna go, i mean i love it and all but..just the future :/ i wanna do medicine anyway, so finger crossed for aga khan, if i go to pk , dont wanna go anywhere but aga khan..gonna check out some of these websites anyway :smile: thanks for the links

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending