The Student Room Group

Anyone from Seven Kings High School...

what kinda grades do the external applicants that get accepted typically have?

Edit from 2013: I always feel like I'm getting stalked by people in the sixth form right now and they're laughing at me. This was 2 years ago okay, don't judge me.

Edit again: Go away SKHS people, pls. Stop stalking me.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m guessing the grades have to be really high (A and above!!) for external applicants. I just had an interview there today!... The lady said I was lucky to even get this far, so the competition is probably really really fierce!!!!
Reply 2
It is a very competative school with good quality teaching and dedicated students. They reject many external applicants every year. I went there for a few days but couldn't really see myself there.
Reply 3
Oh, I had an interview today as well! What time was yours?

And ah, that sucks. :/ If I have the majority A/A*s with maybe one B, would I have a chance?
(edited 13 years ago)
I went to 7kings. I am now in my first year of Uni. come at me bro
Reply 5
I have an interview there next week :smile: Some friends in my class had theirs a few days ago... said the sixth form seemed really good.
Reply 6
its actually really competitive!! i was predicated 6As nd 4bs nd 2cs and got rejected straight away.

But then i smashed my gcse and got 10As nd 3bs :biggrin: and they gave me a offer on induction day. People with better grades then me got rejected on that day, so u really need do REALLY well in the interview!!

kegs and ilford county also gave me an offer on the same da and they r by far, way better then SKHS, so i rejected SKHS lool
Reply 7
Original post by arnab
its actually really competitive!! i was predicated 6As nd 4bs nd 2cs and got rejected straight away.

But then i smashed my gcse and got 10As nd 3bs :biggrin: and they gave me a offer on induction day. People with better grades then me got rejected on that day, so u really need do REALLY well in the interview!!

kegs and ilford county also gave me an offer on the same da and they r by far, way better then SKHS, so i rejected SKHS lool

Oh, thanks so much for telling me this! I was really worried that they might reject me solely from looking at my application. How did you do in the interview? I had mine today and I thought I was looking a bit... scruffy? I felt really out of place with everyone in their school blazers, short clean haircuts and everything.

I've got my A* in maths and predicted a few more A*s, a few As and a couple Bs. Am I just stressing over it for no reason?
Reply 8
Im currently at Seven Kings and in yr11 so I'm in a similar position to you guys :smile:
If your an external its really competitive especially because this year they have less places as they oversuscribed last year.
Happy to answer any questions :biggrin:

EDIT : For both of you neggers out there.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Sadian
Oh, thanks so much for telling me this! I was really worried that they might reject me solely from looking at my application. How did you do in the interview? I had mine today and I thought I was looking a bit... scruffy? I felt really out of place with everyone in their school blazers, short clean haircuts and everything.

I've got my A* in maths and predicted a few more A*s, a few As and a couple Bs. Am I just stressing over it for no reason?

Dont worry too much about the looks mate, they are plenty of sixth formers in our school that have some crazy hairstyles and a lot of stubble as long as you abide by the rules of the dress code they dont mind :smile:

Pretty awesome grades their though :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by F_shakeey
Im currently at Seven Kings and in yr11 so I'm in a similar position to you guys :smile:
If your an external its really competitive especially because this year they have less places as they oversuscribed last year.

Ahh, what kinda grades do the externals on average need to get? Is it like one of those straight A*s/As sixth forms?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Dont worry too much about the looks mate, they are plenty of sixth formers in our school that have some crazy hairstyles and a lot of stubble as long as you abide by the rules of the dress code they dont mind :smile:

Oh thanks! This made me feel better about it! :smile: I had an interview today as well, really big place!
Reply 12

Would you recommend seven kings for science? :smile: i'm thinking of taking bio and chem. Thanks!
Reply 13
Original post by Sadian
e_e

Ahh, what kinda grades do the externals on average need to get? Is it like one of those straight A*s/As sixth forms?

Well yeah you gotta be pretty high up there since its external so their obviously going to be picky but as long as you got great grades in your desired AS level subjects and didnt completely fail the rest I am sure you will be find :smile: the fact that you got an interview today shows that you got a good chance as they filter through the applicants before designating them interviews
Reply 14
Original post by Sadian
Oh thanks! This made me feel better about it! :smile: I had an interview today as well, really big place!

Aha yeah its a pretty old place, well the main building is anyway.Glad you liked it! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Pikachu
Would you recommend seven kings for science? :smile: i'm thinking of taking bio and chem. Thanks!

Yeah definitely, its got dedicated teachers for science and is really well equipped. Its known for its high achievement in science, in fact im taking all three sciences next year :grin:
Reply 16
Yeah definitely, its got dedicated teachers for science and is really well equipped. Its known for its high achievement in science, in fact im taking all three sciences next year :grin:

That's great! i might transfer this year from woodford county :biggrin: not sure if you've heard of it but it's quite near. Thanks again :smile:
Reply 17
I went there for sixth form three years ago... I had average GCSEs. They like to play up their reputation a lot and remind you that you're "lucky to be here".
Reply 18
I just looked at the dress code and saw 'no extreme hairstyles'.

:/ I'm not sure if mine counts as extreme. It's just kinda long, would they not allow that?
Reply 19
Original post by Pikachu
That's great! i might transfer this year from woodford county :biggrin: not sure if you've heard of it but it's quite near. Thanks again :smile:

Yeah I have heard of it, dont mention it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending