Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Queen Margaret Uni or Glasgow Caledonian!

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to firm RGU for applied Biomedical science
    however I torn as to what uni to put down as my insurance, either Queen Margaret University-Human Biology or Glasgow Caledonian-Applied Biomedical Science.

I have researched both unis but still cant decide, so any help into the quality of these unis, the courses, quality of the labs and equipment, lectures etc just basically your opinion would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go for Caley. QMU's location is awful, it's quite far out from the centre so if you were going out or whatever, then taxis would set you back a small fortune! I love Caley's location in Glasgow, and honestly I just love Glasgow as a whole, more so than Edinburgh. I can't really offer any advice regarding the other aspects of the unis, but I'm sure other posters will be able to. Good luck whatever you decide!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow Caledonian is in the city centre, QMU is in the country
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand about the locations of the universitys but that aside what is the better university?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow Caledonian is like 10 years older than QMU, so its more known. QMU was only formed in 2007 so its still yet to make a name for itself
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has glasgow caledonian created a good name for itself?
    Some of my friends have mocked me for applying to cally
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well its more of a name than Queen Margaret, which is unheard of outside Scotland
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am also going to apply for biomedical science. I only achieved a B and 4 Cs in my highers due to unavoidable family circumstances which i will mention in my personal statement. i emailed robert gordon uni, and they said that to be given a place the MINIMUM requirement would be a C from one of my advanced Higher subjects. I am also going to apply to Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caley, Strathclyde and either Dundee of Abertay. What kind of predicted grades would i need to be given an interview by these unis?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 8, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.