The Student Room Group

AQA Biology | Biol5 | A Level Revision Notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it is good but we already know this in the Nelson Thrones AQA textbook.
(edited 13 years ago)
i think they are good set of notes....and on a compleatly unrelated note...i also got 94 ums on Biol4 paper!!!
Reply 3
Original post by goodboy4444
i think they are good set of notes....and on a compleatly unrelated note...i also got 94 ums on Biol4 paper!!!

niceee i got 84
stupid frog paper
Original post by Aishie
niceee i got 84
stupid frog paper

lol...were there any frog questions??i cant even remember!! But yeah it was a stupid paper!
Reply 5

Wow! Could you please provide us with your revision notes please?
Original post by Vanny17
Wow! Could you please provide us with your revision notes please?

ahh see..now when i tell you my revision tech. most people are going to laugh at me but this is how i do it:

-Month before the exam: I "read" the book..."copy" it down...and throw those notes away!!
-15 days before the exam:I make a fresh set of notes(from memory and some help)...and again throw them away!!
- week before the exam: I go through the book...make some more notes and keep them safely...
-Day before the exam: I read those notes and the book.

I do this for all my exams...except maths :tongue:

I have over 80 pages of notes for this one...and it will take ages to upload.But if you just go through the book again and again..it will just stick in the head.I still remember most of the stuff i did... chapter by chapter.But for doing this kind of revision one needs hell loads of time. Good luck :biggrin:
AQA Biology just fails. :biggrin:
Reply 8
ahh see..now when i tell you my revision tech. most people are going to laugh at me but this is how i do it:

-Month before the exam: I "read" the book..."copy" it down...and throw those notes away!!
-15 days before the exam:I make a fresh set of notes(from memory and some help)...and again throw them away!!
- week before the exam: I go through the book...make some more notes and keep them safely...

I have over 80 pages of notes for this one...and it will take ages to upload.But if you just go through the book again and again..it will just stick in the head.I still remember most of the stuff i did... chapter by chapter.But for doing this kind of revision one needs hell loads of time. Good luck :biggrin:

I quite understand what you mean by remembering stuff if you read on time but the thing is I have 2months to my exams and I scared. Do you think I have lots of time? :smile:
Original post by Vanny17
I quite understand what you mean by remembering stuff if you read on time but the thing is I have 2months to my exams and I scared. Do you think I have lots of time? :smile:

oh yeah...2 months is enough to do the whole A level course!!! Just start revising now...according to me they are the 2 most important months of our whole school life!! (and i am sitting on tsr) :teehee:
Reply 10
oh yeah...2 months is enough to do the whole A level course!!! Just start revising now...according to me they are the 2 most important months of our whole school life!! (and i am sitting on tsr) :teehee:

Yes, they sure are. I will start now. If we do not get our grades, we won't get into out firm uni choices. Tsr is so addictive lol. :smile:
Original post by Vanny17
Yes, they sure are. I will start now. If we do not get our grades, we won't get into out firm uni choices. Tsr is so addictive lol. :smile:

lol i know!!! By the way what did u apply for??

I agree with what you're saying. Granted I take issue with simply binning all of my written notes! aha I'd probably put them in a bag somewhere, to be uncovered in many years time :P Did you not do any past paper questions then?

I'm sitting Biol 4, Biol 5 and Biol 2 in June/July :smile:

Any advice? :smile:

Reply 13
lol i know!!! By the way what did u apply for??

I applied for Biomedical Science
Original post by Benevolence
I agree with what you're saying. Granted I take issue with simply binning all of my written notes! aha I'd probably put them in a bag somewhere, to be uncovered in many years time :P Did you not do any past paper questions then?

I dont do past papers for chemistry and biology.But on the other hand for maths...i only do past papers!!! But i did statistics2 this jan and ended with a C!! So maybe i will do some revision for maths this time! and as i said above just read the book again and again...and make notes as you go through.I know people who dont study the whole year and just revise a week before the exam and get very highs A's ...but than anyway i am not one of those...i have to work hard to get those grades.I am also doing the biol2 this summer.Good luck :smile:
Reply 15

I am also doing the same units as you in July :five:. My only worry is that I have got a two and a half hour long Maths exam in the morning followed by an hour and a half of Biol 4. Oh Joy :angry: . So what grade(s) are you aiming for?
Original post by mkb230
I am also doing the same units as you in July :five:. My only worry is that I have got a two and a half hour long Maths exam in the morning followed by an hour and a half of Biol 4. Oh Joy :angry: . So what grade(s) are you aiming for?

Aha, what are the chances. Well I'll say this first; I'm on an A for my as year, i'm unsure what grade I have for my A2 ISA (BIOL 6). Also I got an A on unit 4 but I want to get an A* soooo i'm resiting!" aha

I'm resiting unit 2 because I scored badly - 109 and Ideally I'd like to get at least 125. Not that the previous grade is bad but it's essential that I get an A for uni :smile: I realise I should have worked harder at as. They do say that Unit 4 is the hardest one out of all of them! haha

How about you, what are you aiming for? How did you get on? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by mkb230

hi, i also have a maths exam for 1 and a half hours before the biol4 paper. its going be tough... :redface: . Better start revising then! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Aha, what are the chances. Well I'll say this first; I'm on an A for my as year, i'm unsure what grade I have for my A2 ISA (BIOL 6). Also I got an A on unit 4 but I want to get an A* soooo i'm resiting!" aha

I'm resiting unit 2 because I scored badly - 109 and Ideally I'd like to get at least 125. Not that the previous grade is bad but it's essential that I get an A for uni :smile: I realise I should have worked harder at as. They do say that Unit 4 is the hardest one out of all of them! haha

How about you, what are you aiming for? How did you get on? :smile:

Biology in general has been by far my worst A level, I hate the AQA course, I would have preferred to do Edexcel Biology but unfortunately we don't get a choice in our sixth form. I am aiming for a B but that is going to be impossible for me so I will probably have to settle for a C grade but hopefully my Maths and Chemistry grades will make up for my failure in Biology.
Reply 19
Original post by cobra2k10
hi, i also have a maths exam for 1 and a half hours before the biol4 paper. its going be tough... :redface: . Better start revising then! :biggrin:

Which one is that? I am doing the OCR (MEI) course and I have a C4 exam on the day consisting of a 1.5 hour long paper followed by an extra hour for the comprehension section. One of my friends has 3 exams in one day, so he starts at 8 in the morning and finishes at 4p.m. and he's only allowed two 15 mins break in between the exams.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending