The Student Room Group

IGCSE biology & chemistry in 2 months - is it possible.

Well bascially im currently in year 12. I have studied for the double award science GCSE and achieved AA. but i would like to study and IGCSE in biology and chemistry, obviously it wont be from scratch as will obviously have studied most topics in my GCSE course. Is this possible and then end up with at least 2 A grades.
Reply 1
The exams are on the 25th may and 17 june btw.
Reply 2
Original post by shouldberevising
No.

Why not ?
Im willing to put all the efforts in.
Original post by Katie1112
Why not ?
Im willing to put all the efforts in.

If you're willing to put the efforts in and have confidence in yourself, then why're you asking this question? Do it; you have nothing to lose.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
If you're willing to put the efforts in and have confidence in yourself, then why're you asking this question? Do it; you have nothing to lose.

Well its just that i have loads of exams in the summer and I thought this would affect my grades.
No Katie,
you should go ahead. Nothings impossible. Best Wishes
Original post by Katie1112
Well its just that i have loads of exams in the summer and I thought this would affect my grades.

I have 13 or so for AS. :tongue:
Reply 7
A better question would be why: as soon as your A-levels (or IB) are done, your GCSEs in those subjects do not matter. What does matter is the number that you have, and that you have both English and Maths at a decent grade.

Having AAA at A level is a lot better than having AAB but 2 extra IGCSEs in subjects you have mostly at GCSE anyway. Sure it's possible, but still why!?
Reply 8
Most GCSE exams can be crammed for the night before, no reason why you can't do it. I'm not sure how much more difficult iGCSE is though. Why would you want to take them anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest