Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Southampton BM6 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Checked in online and Boarding passes printed for my flights tomorrow.
    Feeling panicked but excited at the same time!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooby_doo)
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My interview was on the 15th of feb! Bloody quick that was!
    BUT AHHHHHHHHHH I am literally shaking O_O!

Same here!!! had an interview on that day and now have an offer hehe!! soo happy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke63000)
    Same here!!! had an interview on that day and now have an offer hehe!! soo happy
    Woooo congrats!!!
    When i went to sign in at the reception desk and saw about 20 interviewees signed in before me i was feeling a bit :eek: lol
    Southampton your first choice then?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, well done on all the early offers. Wonder how many early ones they have given out. Does anyone know if they have rejected anyone post interview yet?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooby_doo)
    Woooo congrats!!!
    When i went to sign in at the reception desk and saw about 20 interviewees signed in before me i was feeling a bit :eek: lol
    Southampton your first choice then?!
    yeah i know there were tonnes of other people being interviewed - got a bit nervous when i first walked in ....
    well Im waiting to see if i get any other offers atm but at the moment its my only one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    back from interview....lets say it was okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingWorks)
    Big thanks to you and the rest of the BM6ers for the pep talk/interview tips/talking about bruce forsythe. All i can say is it was 'Nice to see you... to see you, nice!'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingWorks)
    I have no idea about the Ukcat but, the high grades shouldn't put you at a dissadvantage. Being a medical student is a lot of hard work, so they also look to see that you're a wellrounded person who has some experience of what to expect and has other interests outside medicine. Those who have interviews have obviously caught the attention of the medical school, but with more interviews still to come there's nothing to say your application hasn't. No news is not necessarily bad news at this stage.

The only other advice I can really give is medicine is a difficult, competitive course to get on to. Not everyone gets on first time, infact many of the current BM6 and even the others being interviewed have all taken gap years, giving them opportuinites to save some money ready for university and obtain more work/life experience to bolster their applications. If it's something you really want to do then you have to keep at it, the wait will be worth it

I will also add I didn't find out I had an interview until near the end of February last year.

I think i saw you today, im not sure,

but just a quick thank you for all the help.

If your curious , i was the small indian girl , and i think you were the guy asking about sharwoods curry? haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thought the interview went well yesterday, woke up this morning with a horrible feeling that it was nothing more than bog standard. I hate the waiting!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carl_senior)
    Thought the interview went well yesterday, woke up this morning with a horrible feeling that it was nothing more than bog standard. I hate the waiting!
    Try waiting from early december lol, and I'm sure you did 'reet
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    Try waiting from early december lol, and I'm sure you did 'reet
    I think we have been the most patient waiting since 14th Dec... only a few more weeks to wait a guess!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I managed to 'erm', 'well', and 'so...yeah' my way through it :laugh:

But I didn't pass out, and thats an achievement in itself haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally312)
    I managed to 'erm', 'well', and 'so...yeah' my way through it :laugh:

But I didn't pass out, and thats an achievement in itself haha
    Did they good cop/bad cop you btw?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had the man and woman interviewing me. The man literally said nothing and looked at his sheet of paper the whole way through?! The woman was really friendly and chatty though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had the man and woman interviewing me. The man literally said nothing and looked at his sheet of paper the whole way through?! The woman was really friendly and chatty though.
    I had exactly the same treatment, but with two women... the one who didn't say much was really scary!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sort of... the guy would sometimes look up, stare intently and look back down.

Yeh, the lady was really nice and chatty. I didn't undertand a question at one point and she had to prompt me to the answer She was nice about it, but I did feel like an idiot. And the man asked me two questions near the end, but did spend a fair amount of time staring at his paper.

I think I saw you there... were you wearing a suit, and a purple tie and shirt combo?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, good luck with all your applications to the BM6. Is there anyone of here thinking to take a gap year if all else fails?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissPotentialDR)
    Hi everyone, good luck with all your applications to the BM6. Is there anyone of here thinking to take a gap year if all else fails?
    Yes, i'll be taking a gap year if I don't get an offer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should have asked the guy to stop staring at the paper all the time especially if it was for long periods. you would have gotten an offer
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobnot)
    Yes, i'll be taking a gap year if I don't get an offer
    Same. Although I'll be dreading starting the whole application process again & there is the waiting, but I guess you gain alot more maturity & you know how to improve. Are you allowed to apply with a similar personal statement btw?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.