The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiboz
Thanks, I've edited my post :smile:

:eek: Gosh, so hard.... :frown: Do you have people on the course that were one of the last to be interviewed?

When i was talking to some of the BM6 guys on my interview day they said that one of the girls on the course was the last person interviewed last year. So when you're interviewed doesn't put you at a disadvantage.
Reply 2241
Original post by carl_senior
When i was talking to some of the BM6 guys on my interview day they said that one of the girls on the course was the last person interviewed last year. So when you're interviewed doesn't put you at a disadvantage.

Thanks. That is a little reassuring. :redface: But as kurdishboy something said, as the offers are already going out, there is going to be an increase competition for the remaining offers. Unless they have already decided on the people who are going to be rejected in the earlier batches, then that wouldn't make it as bad.

Has anyone got rejection after interview yet? If you have, really sorry :frown:

Anyways, good luck :smile:
Original post by Aiboz
Thanks. That is a little reassuring. :redface: But as kurdishboy something said, as the offers are already going out, there is going to be an increase competition for the remaining offers. Unless they have already decided on the people who are going to be rejected in the earlier batches, then that wouldn't make it as bad.

Has anyone got rejection after interview yet? If you have, really sorry :frown:

Anyways, good luck :smile:

not really....as the only ones to have offers are those with FULL marks...people who would have gotten offers regardless of when they were given out....
Reply 2243
Original post by infernalcradle
not really....as the only ones to have offers are those with FULL marks...people who would have gotten offers regardless of when they were given out....

Ah, I see. So its all based on scores then, if you pass a certain score then your guaranteed an offer..

e: Did they do the "further consideration" letters, this year?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2244
No 'further consideration' letters have been given out this year. With due respect, I think this years admissions are different to last years so best not to speculate and worry applicants as we don't really know what is going on until we each get an offer or rejection

Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by Skyeblu
No 'further consideration' letters have been given out this year. With due respect, I think this years admissions are different to last years so best not to speculate and worry applicants as we don't really know what is going on until we each get an offer or rejection

Good luck to everyone :smile:

are you an applicant or a former BM6er, coz with all due respect you sound like an admission tutor lool :biggrin:

SO does that mean than ppl that get their interviews later do not have full marks in their application ??
Reply 2247
Original post by kurdishboy94
are you an applicant or a former BM6er, coz with all due respect you sound like an admission tutor lool :biggrin:

Lol, no, just a BM6 hopeful who was waiting ages for a letter that they didn't send :smile:
Original post by Samohamoud1
SO does that mean than ppl that get their interviews later do not have full marks in their application ??

no.....the "application" is BOTH PS/reference AND interview scores....

WHEN you have your interview is decided by where you come in the pile of applications....so those further down will get later interviews as it takes longer to get to their applications....
no.....the "application" is BOTH PS/reference AND interview scores....

WHEN you have your interview is decided by where you come in the pile of applications....so those further down will get later interviews as it takes longer to get to their applications....

Oh I see. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 2250
Original post by Skyeblu
Lol, no, just a BM6 hopeful who was waiting ages for a letter that they didn't send :smile:

Have you had an interview?
Reply 2251
I had an interview in December, think I was one of the first. Have you had one yet?
Reply 2252
Original post by Skyeblu
I had an interview in December, think I was one of the first. Have you had one yet?

Nope, not yet. Oh, you've been waiting for quite a while! Not long left now..2-3 weeks. :redface: I hope everything goes well for you - good luck :smile:
Soooo... :bebored: Waiting sucks.
Reply 2254
I second that... waiting really really sucks
Original post by Unsuccessful
Anyone else heard absolutely nothing since the criteria form? Tbh, I know it's going to be a rejection, I just wish they'd hurry up and do it.

Me too! All my friends have received rejections like last month. I haven't heard anything from them since the criteria. I'm sort of hoping the long reply is a good sign but on here everyone's had their interview already. :frown: they need to give me an answer!
Reply 2256
Original post by Aiboz
Nope, not yet. Oh, you've been waiting for quite a while! Not long left now..2-3 weeks. :redface: I hope everything goes well for you - good luck :smile:

All the same to you as well :biggrin:
I am mentally preparing myself for a gap year lol
Original post by lisathi21
Me too! All my friends have received rejections like last month. I haven't heard anything from them since the criteria. I'm sort of hoping the long reply is a good sign but on here everyone's had their interview already. :frown: they need to give me an answer!

Exactly how I feel!

Did I see something about the last interview date being the 28th? (don't quote me on it, it might have been the 21st, eek) and since they like to give 2 weeks notice...I guess if we have not heard anything by this Wednesday, we should assume it's all over :frown:
Reply 2258
Original post by Unsuccessful
Exactly how I feel!

Did I see something about the last interview date being the 28th? (don't quote me on it, it might have been the 21st, eek) and since they like to give 2 weeks notice...I guess if we have not heard anything by this Wednesday, we should assume it's all over :frown:

The last interview date is the 21st
Reply 2259
Any offers gone out today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending