Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy786)
    Think EU and how they like to preserve addictive things.
    huh? What's the answer??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, this did little more than confusing me a lot more. Any possibility you could post the answer/send in pm?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    could you please tell me or message it to me? :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skrivmaskinen)
    Sadly, this did little more than confusing me a lot more. Any possibility you could post the answer/send in pm?
    its annoying me lol
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfitzzzzzzz)
    its annoying me lol

(Original post by Skrivmaskinen)
    Just think of a list of numbers which dictate how hyper kids might be getting...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, got it. Thanks a lot!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other clues for the copper level?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yea, i was miles off. but i did get it done eventually! (top 50 in the world!)

try looking at the ingredients of sweets. how do they do the colours?! such as "sunset yellow" on the bob the builder cake!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsN)
    yea, i was miles off. but i did get it done eventually! (top 50 in the world!)

try looking at the ingredients of sweets. how do they do the colours?! such as "sunset yellow" on the bob the builder cake!
    Nicely done, I chose sleep though last night, I reckon I could have battled on. Found Silver-Rg extremely easy and blasted through them in 5 minutes flat after I'd got copper, just a shame I had no study periods from first until 5th, so had no time to give it another go earlier! Came top 40 last month, quite disappointed this time around! Hopefully next month will be better.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You really thought I'd give the answers away?

Cu - What do Europe and numbers have in common?
    Ag - Take some wild guesses
    Au - Shouldn't need any help
    Rg - This was really the hardest level this month?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Argh! The entry level question is impossible, it's been annoying me for hours! PLEASE can someone give me a hint!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    Nicely done, I chose sleep though last night, I reckon I could have battled on. Found Silver-Rg extremely easy and blasted through them in 5 minutes flat after I'd got copper, just a shame I had no study periods from first until 5th, so had no time to give it another go earlier! Came top 40 last month, quite disappointed this time around! Hopefully next month will be better.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You really thought I'd give the answers away?

Cu - What do Europe and numbers have in common?
    Ag - Take some wild guesses
    Au - Shouldn't need any help
    Rg - This was really the hardest level this month?
    Can anyone help with Au please? I keep getting loads of different (wrong) answers and I don't know why :/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermandem)
    Argh! The entry level question is impossible, it's been annoying me for hours! PLEASE can someone give me a hint!
    Ok, can you count to 20, and do you recognise the format that the molecule has been displayed in? I would recommend working out a formula for the molecule shown.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, me too..I have spent hours on the entry question..a big hint would be wonderful..Thank you and I will return the favour on the harder levels or next month. Many thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Au level question is about permutations with and without repetition. Simple maths will get you the right result.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    Ok, can you count to 20, and do you recognise the format that the molecule has been displayed in? I would recommend working out a formula for the molecule shown.
    Haven't done molecules in this form yet, I recognise the benzene rings but we haven't done structure like this yet, so that's why I'm stumped. Could you give me the name of the molecule?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done molecules in this form yet, I recognise the benzene rings but we haven't done structure like this yet, so that's why I'm stumped. Could you give me the name of the molecule?

(Original post by 1ILF234)
    Hello, me too..I have spent hours on the entry question..a big hint would be wonderful..Thank you and I will return the favour on the harder levels or next month. Many thanks
    Have you seen a skeletal formula before? If not, have a quick look on the internet, find out what they are.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have counted the H's for you, which gives H24
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's obtained from the bark of a cinchona tree...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ag is confusing me. Any vague pointers?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polkadotty5)
    Ag is confusing me. Any vague pointers?
    Look where they are on the periodic table.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused as to why rhenium is last. It would be way to obvious if it was first but still...
    Does the font size and the picture of Lady Justice count for anything?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.