The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubic
Don't give up!

If I can do it, you can.

It looks so hard though!

Does the formula help at all? Or the fact it is 5.3 Angstroms - Very hard to workout what is necessary as there s lots of stuff bout it.
Reply 481
Original post by GreenLantern1
It looks so hard though!

Does the formula help at all? Or the fact it is 5.3 Angstroms - Very hard to workout what is necessary as there s lots of stuff bout it.

You don't need a formula, there is no need to convert to angstroms, try picometers.
Original post by Cubic
You don't need a formula, there is no need to convert to angstroms, try picometers.

I don't get how that fits in!!
Original post by Cubic

I have been looking at strong nuclear force graphs. I have a feeling I'm close. You done Rg?
Woooo in the Roentgenium question :cool:
GAH Okay I'm still really confused with Gold. :frown: I've tried looking up these graph things and I don't seem to be hitting anywhere near what I'm supposed to be doing :frown:
Original post by Cubic

Sorry, I got it in the end. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by loopy786

Spoiler

Look at strong nuclear force graphs mate. That should give you a hint to the next main step.

Out of interest anyone done Rg?
Original post by david2457
The gold question should be the rg question, rg is so much easier.
Try googling strong nuclear force graph, and you should be looking for one with an energy value in the eVs, not some with MeVs

Yooo David you remember me? Please check your message from me :wink:
Look at strong nuclear force graphs mate. That should give you a hint to the next main step.

Out of interest anyone done Rg?

OH WHOOPS I've been converting the wrong number, oops :colondollar: thanks for the hint, anyway.. I didn't use any types of graphs but I still got the answer, thanks
OH WHOOPS I've been converting the wrong number, oops :colondollar: thanks for the hint, anyway.. I didn't use any types of graphs but I still got the answer, thanks

Now if you get the answer to Rg, you know who to tell!!
Now if you get the answer to Rg, you know who to tell!!

Indeed! I seem to have ended up with something like t=logX^1.0539 somehow using something posted earlier but I'm really rubbish at logs so EURGH
Indeed! I seem to have ended up with something like t=logX^1.0539 somehow using something posted earlier but I'm really rubbish at logs so EURGH

You got it yet?
Reply 493
Could someone help me with Gold..i've tried everything I can think of and nothing..
If someone could message me the answer I would be very grateful
Reply 494
Original post by Dyl63
Could someone help me with Gold..i've tried everything I can think of and nothing..
If someone could message me the answer I would be very grateful

This, I need help too.
lol its nice to see people suffer. This was me 20 hours ago xD luckily I've finished it :biggrin:
Original post by chemistinthemaking
lol its nice to see people suffer. This was me 20 hours ago xD luckily I've finished it :biggrin:

Stop being harsh and just tell me pplease!!
Reply 497
I can't do Rg for the life of me. I didn't find Randophera's explanation helpful at all. Any other hints?
Rg has made me really sad.
Stop being harsh and just tell me pplease!!

lol I told you, I can't remember the answer and I can't get it up on my computer

Quick Reply

Latest