The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
yeah i can't figure out the last one! its not DNA. so what is it??? anymore clues on the 'weird hydrocarbon'? :confused::biggrin:
The difference between the Carbon and the Hydrogen is 1. :tongue:
Reply 162
Any other clues?
anyone know the silver answer :/
Original post by Degreen
Something to do with Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons?

It's a bicyclic hydrocarbon that is a diene, used in homoegenous catalysis. :tongue:
Original post by savage903
anyone know the silver answer :/

What was silver; the name of the reaction?
Reply 166
i think im going along the right lines for the last one
i dont know how to do a spioler so i will do my next paraghrapgh in white, will somebody able to tell me if im right?
you find the density of soduim. find volume of the sphere. but i dont know why it gives you the other value for distance.... and then you just do some maths with it to get moles?
Original post by chill543
i dont know how to do a spioler so i will do my next paraghrapgh in white, will somebody able to tell me if im right?
you find the density of soduim. find volume of the sphere. but i dont know why it gives you the other value for distance.... and then you just do some maths with it to get moles?

You do [ SPOILER ] sidiudbusabicbas [ / SPOILER ]

without the spaces :smile:

Also, yes, you do do what you wrote and the answer starts with a 5, to keep you on track. :smile:
Reply 168
Original post by loopy786
You do [ SPOILER ] sidiudbusabicbas [ / SPOILER ]

without the spaces :smile:

Also, yes, you do do what you wrote and the answer starts with a 5, to keep you on track. :smile:

i must have been clos my answer started with 6!

Spoiler

i must have been clos my answer started with 6!

Spoiler

No problem :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 170

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 171
ok im back everyone and this is my working out so far. Dont cheat (even though its wrong!)

Spoiler

What was silver; the name of the reaction?

after which famous chemist is the reaction named after :/
no sorry its the one where it says whos the first scientist to publish synthesis of this molecule
Original post by savage903
no sorry its the one where it says whos the first scientist to publish synthesis of this molecule

Ohhhhh that one! Well, it's a total synthesis thing, right?

It's a drug to treat cancer, and is harvested from pacific yew. That's an hint. :smile:
ok im back everyone and this is my working out so far. Dont cheat (even though its wrong!)

Spoiler

Okay it's because of how you've done some of it.

Spoiler

Reply 176
Okay it's because of how you've done some of it.

Spoiler

you are a star! :biggrin:
you are a star! :biggrin:

No problem, good luck with the rest of it if you haven't finished already. :smile:
Reply 178
Finished :smile:
Been looking into the last question for ages! Seriously can't find anything to help anywhere! Someone help!! On the other hand, I've found out lots about Arecibo which I don't really care about! Haha

Quick Reply

Latest