The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My teacher predicted that immunity will come up for one the longer questions. I'm still going to revise everything though just in case!
Reply 21
Original post by TlanTlan
Definitely Stuff on Digestion, i'm thinking the long answer questions at the end will be immunity related, such as going through the whole chain of events of what happens when a foreign antigen/pathogen is detected in the body.

I hope so! :biggrin: (those questions seem to be the only ones I get full marks in :rolleyes:)
Reply 22
I have a proper good feelings something about phagocytosis or t/b cell immunity will come up as a long Q. I think the other long Q might be something on how the valves (semilunar and atrioventricular valves work) because theres quite a lot to talk about for it. But yeah let me know what you thinks going to come up :smile:
Reply 23
can someone please help me with Jan 11 Q1 d), i don't understand how to do it any help would be appreciated
Reply 24
does anyone know if the heart will come up because i really dont understand it :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by mon786
can someone please help me with Jan 11 Q1 d), i don't understand how to do it any help would be appreciated

Measure from B - C. I got 2.1 cm = 21 mm. Times by 1000 to get micrometres. 21 mm = 21,000 micrometers.

The magnification is 50,000.

So, 21000 / 50000 = 0.42 micrometres.

:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by ay8ha
does anyone know if the heart will come up because i really dont understand it :frown:

In January there was the whole of question 3 on it, so maybe not. However it's a large part of the syllabus so I'd take no chances and learn it. :smile:
Reply 27
Does anyone know the limitations of the lock and key model?
Reply 28
does anyone know if the heart is meant to come up this year??? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by liviaaa
Does anyone know the limitations of the lock and key model?

okay thanks and ^^ it is to simplified, :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by liviaaa
Measure from B - C. I got 2.1 cm = 21 mm. Times by 1000 to get micrometres. 21 mm = 21,000 micrometers.

The magnification is 50,000.

So, 21000 / 50000 = 0.42 micrometres.

:smile:

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!! btw lock and key model limitation to simplistic, active site is unchanged throughout the process
Reply 31
anyone got the jan 2011 paper?
Reply 32
Original post by ay8ha
okay thanks and ^^ it is to simplified, :smile:

Original post by mon786
THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!! btw lock and key model limitation to simplistic, active site is unchanged throughout the process

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by eliteDNA
anyone got the jan 2011 paper?

The second post on the first page of this thread. :smile:
Yeah im doing this paper again coz i messed up in Jan :frown: i think the two long questions at the end will b immunity related too :s-smilie: ive looked at all the other papers and like it hasnt come up once so ive got a feeling that itll be that :biggrin: hows everyone feeling about it
Reply 35
aaaah. I didn't think immunity will come up as the longer answer questions

I was thinking it'll be about the digestive system and how cholera causes disease... (cause there are a lot of stages which can cover 5marks)
Original post by ay8ha

It will, it always does :frown: The BIOL1 exam always has something from each chapter as there's only 6 chapters
Reply 37
if the long questions are on immunity do you think it will be about t/b cells and phagocytes or do you think something else about immunity will come up
Reply 38
Original post by SuperEagle
if the long questions are on immunity do you think it will be about t/b cells and phagocytes or do you think something else about immunity will come up

Yeah probs B/T cells as that's never really come up.
Reply 39
Maybe not digestion though, as they've had a long question on it before - how is starch digested?

I doubt they would just ask about the structure of it, as it's such a small part of the spec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending