Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Coffee Lovers!

Announcements Posted on
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice for a seriously cheap espresso maker? I'm dead broke (so budget definitely under £100, the cheaper the better ) but I can't live without proper espresso at uni :eek: (Well, I may have to, but let's see if anyone can save me from that dreadful fate )
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Does anyone have any advice for a seriously cheap espresso maker? I'm dead broke (so budget definitely under £100, the cheaper the better ) but I can't live without proper espresso at uni :eek: (Well, I may have to, but let's see if anyone can save me from that dreadful fate )

why don't you try one of the links I posted before you? It has espresso makers for like 25 pounds
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimeTree.)
    Oh I loved your comparison between your effort and the actual target!

Reminded me of this:

• 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    why don't you try one of the links I posted before you? It has espresso makers for like 25 pounds
    Oh does it? I didn't know what the links were for (well, your espresso maker, but it didn't occur to me that that might be cheap) so didn't click Thanks
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh does it? I didn't know what the links were for (well, your espresso maker, but it didn't occur to me that that might be cheap) so didn't click Thanks
    you are welcome, us coffee lovers need to stick together. I think this will be a good substitute to a machine, hopefully...
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    you are welcome, us coffee lovers need to stick together. I think this will be a good substitute to a machine, hopefully...
    I managed to get it for the grand total of £20, and I think I'm allowed it in the communal kitchen at uni, so I'm hoping it'll tide me over with the caffeine withdrawals
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have the cheapesttt, most basic coffee machine.. but omg does it make the BEST coffee
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get it for the grand total of £20, and I think I'm allowed it in the communal kitchen at uni, so I'm hoping it'll tide me over with the caffeine withdrawals
    you already got it? (which one btw? My mum has one that she might give me, but if its only 20 pounds perhaps I should buy it from England) try it and let me know if it's good, will you?
    I found an espresso in Greece that has a cookie and cream flavour. It was....mind-numbingly amazing!! Now I want to carry a few packs with me to England
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    I have the cheapesttt, most basic coffee machine.. but omg does it make the BEST coffee
    do share the secret
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    you already got it? (which one btw? My mum has one that she might give me, but if its only 20 pounds perhaps I should buy it from England) try it and let me know if it's good, will you?
    I found an espresso in Greece that has a cookie and cream flavour. It was....mind-numbingly amazing!! Now I want to carry a few packs with me to England
    The one you linked to, the 6-cup one I'll let you know! The reviews seem very positive; granted it won't be as good as something shop-bought, but considering an espresso can be about £1.50, and I have a ridiculous consumption of them, this should work out cheaper.

It sounds amazing
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one you linked to, the 6-cup one I'll let you know! The reviews seem very positive; granted it won't be as good as something shop-bought, but considering an espresso can be about £1.50, and I have a ridiculous consumption of them, this should work out cheaper.

It sounds amazing
    did you also buy a milk frothier for cappucinos ?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    did you also buy a milk frothier for cappucinos ?
    No - I'm not a massive cappuccino fan.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saved to the fap file.

Thanks OP.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love coffee! BUT, the problem I have is that I can't stand instant coffee, apart from the nescafe lattes/cappuccinos.
    Anyone in the same boat? Lol .
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loving that this thread has been referenced by the Telegraph! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-students.html
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Loving that this thread has been referenced by the Telegraph! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-students.html
    (Original post by the Telegraph)
    Entire forums on the popular Student Room website are dedicated to coffee loving students and to the purchase and care of their espresso machines.
    Apparently a single two-page thread = entire forums! :rofl:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.