The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Why UEA?

Hello everyone. I'm in a bit of a pickle as to where to go next year, so was just wondering why all you guys chose UEA? Whatever subject you're studying.
I have an offer to study PPE from both Lancaster and UEA, really cannot choose between them!
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hasabooga
Hello everyone. I'm in a bit of a pickle as to where to go next year, so was just wondering why all you guys chose UEA? Whatever subject you're studying.
I have an offer to study PPE from both Lancaster and UEA, really cannot choose between them!

+ Everyone very friendly
+ Accomodation well priced, especially as most of it is on the campus - £98pw for an ensuite on campus. 88pw ensuite in the village accross the road,
+ Great SU: organises club nights people actually go to (not just once in freshers)+ has big names play gigs
+ Not too far away for me and cheap to get to from London- train fairs are only £5 or £6 when booked in advance with a railcard.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
I love UEA, everyone is really nice, the accommodation is great (I'm in campus en suite), there's lots to do on campus and in the city and everything is close by.
Reply 3
I agree with "HEJ92" another reason, is that UEA have ranked up by 5 ranks since last year according to recent statistics.
Reply 4
Original post by Hasabooga

I'm in a similar situation. I have offers from both Liverpool and UEA for Politics and I just can't make up my mind. :frown:
Reply 5
*subscribes*

stuck between Kent and UEA :emo:
Reply 6
OH UEA IS WONDERFUL

Not a day has gone by that I've regretted coming here. Great atmosphere, great campus, great people. And now that the sun is finally gracing us with its presence, its lovely and chilled on campus, provided you're not sprinting across campus to get an essay in with 5 minutes to spare :wink:
Reply 7
I'm not at UEA but I know loads of people there and they are all loving it, and Norwich (much to my surprise) is an absolutely amazing night out, and it's cheap!!! Well compared to Cambridge and London it's practically free anyway.
Reply 8
I choose UEA because it's the best in the country for my course (scriptwriting and performance) and is very selective (only 6 places). One of my favourite authors is a professor there and it has produced a lot of very successful people in my field and related fields. I loved the city when I visited and the uni had a really fun, homely and studenty feel about it.
Original post by SarahDylan
I choose UEA because it's the best in the country for my course (scriptwriting and performance) and is very selective (only 6 places). One of my favourite authors is a professor there and it has produced a lot of very successful people in my field and related fields. I loved the city when I visited and the uni had a really fun, homely and studenty feel about it.

Only 6 places? :eek3: Bloody hell... I thought CW was competitive!
And basically what she said!
Best place for my course, fantastic allumi, well regarded, really interesting course and then I visited and fell in love with the atmosphere and the friendly students and staff and the beautiful campus and... basically, it is everything I want in a university. :love:
Reply 10
Does anyone know/ has heard how the Psychology course is at UEA?

Or alternatively, how good Norwich is for entertainment?

I'm thinking about it for uni, but from what I hear the town isn't massively vibrant.
I'm at UEA studying Scriptwriting and Performance, and I literally could not be happier with my decision. It was between here and York, see. Then again, UEA is second in the country for my course, so... but yeah, the campus is absolutely beautiful, the teaching quality is great, the city is beautiful, convenient but not intimidating and it simply has a great feel to it! I wish I could never graduate...
Original post by Jess Holly

I'm thinking about it for uni, but from what I hear the town isn't massively vibrant.

You heard wrong.
Reply 13
Original post by stroppyninja
You heard wrong.

Great :smile: so what makes it good?
Great :smile: so what makes it good?

Loads of gigs, up and coming artists (I think ed sheeran kicked off at the waterfront in norwich), more clubs than i'll ever go to. cheaper than london for just about everything. Very few Northeners (jokes, everyone knows northern birds are hot :P).
The only thing about UEA that i must warn you about, is it actually stands for University of Excessive Abbreviatons.
Loads of gigs, up and coming artists (I think ed sheeran kicked off at the waterfront in norwich), more clubs than i'll ever go to. cheaper than london for just about everything. Very few Northeners (jokes, everyone knows northern birds are hot :P).
The only thing about UEA that i must warn you about, is it actually stands for University of Excessive Abbreviatons.

Or the harsher University of Easy Access :colondollar:

I'm a second year psychology student, so if you've got any particular questions, fire away. Thus far, I've really enjoyed the course. It's fairly heavily weighted towards social psychology, especially in the first year, so if that's your thing it might be for you. They lump all the statistics/research methods/report writing into one core module which is fairly good in terms of teaching you the entire process in an easy-to-pick-up way. I've enjoyed the lecturers, although they could do with more seminars in first year. This year it seems to be stepping up quite a lot, which I'm looking forward to. It's not at the top of the league tables by any means, but it's a really nice department.

As for Norwich, I love it. The city itself is fairly small, but when you get to know it, there's absolutely loads of stuff to do and places to explore. Enetertainment-wise, it's not going to be London or Manchester in terms of nightlife, and the clubs/bars/LCR nights tend to be directed more at an indie crowd, but that's not to say you won't find something you like if you look for it.
Reply 17
Is UEA good for economics?

LOL, so true!
Reply 19
Original post by Fran Katzenjammer
Or the harsher University of Easy Access :colondollar:

:eek: Really? You need AAA for Pharmacy, A*AA for Natural scince.... that's hardly easy access, or do you mean something else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending