Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mobile Suit Gundam Metaseries Discussion Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    If you have to ask, yaoi is clearly not what you're after :giggle:
    :hmmm:how can that be when he specifically used ":sexface:" when talking about gundam wing :mmm:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :hmmm:how can that be when he specifically used ":sexface:" when talking about gundam wing :mmm:
    That was rather confusing, as the only ":sexface:" I associate with Wing is the plethora of BL doujins, fanfiction and fanart saturating the fandom! :laugh:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, yaoi is clearly not what you're after :giggle:

Regarding the manga - Episode Zero is the only one I've read & its a prequel to the main series; good to get the origin stories, but not really full of action.

The others are mainly missions set in between the series end and the Endless Waltz OVA, but I haven't read them so can't comment on how good the stories are.

Haven't read much Gundam manga at all actually, mainly because I prefer to see my explosions and giant robots animated.

Ah I see well I have all of them available on my app. Thanks a lot I will definitely search them up.

Yes so do I but with the opportunity for manga reading :awesome:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    30 eps watched of seed ...aside from some parts the battles in space where that whole fleet gets destroyed and that one in the desert, much of it is kind of dull :indiff:

Spoiler:
    Show
    the random character killed by a flying shield ...they made it obvious he was going to die way before it happened :indiff:

up to ep 32 these kira jesus jokes ...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :wtf: so he was in the explosion but managed to escape and end up on the otherside of the solar system in a few hours :wtf: I knew he'd survive since he's the main character but this... :eyeball:

and security on that ship is abysmal... "lets put the prisoner in a room with a knife and a gun in the desk" ...thats a good idea

wait a bloody second, has flay actually done anything on the ship since joining it :wtf:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching G Gundam. It is ridiculous, awesome and I love it.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    damn seed can actually be good when its not focusing on the characters but the wider conflict :pinch:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I loved SEED, I'm gonna watch SEED Destiny too but from what I've checked, it seems good. I think I'm part of the minority. Most people seem to dislike it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching G Gundam. It is ridiculous, awesome and I love it.
    Hear, hear.

(Original post by darkwolf0139)
    I loved SEED, I'm gonna watch SEED Destiny too but from what I've checked, it seems good. I think I'm part of the minority. Most people seem to dislike it.
    I think Destiny makes everything bad about Seed worse, and gets rid of much of what was good in Seed. I find it particularly frustrating because the setup in the first ten or so episodes has some merit, as a kind of flipside of Seed.

But hey, that's just my take. If you enjoy it, more power to you.

--

Anyone else come across the news that Nihei (the guy who made the manga Blame) is going to make a Gundam manga? Could turn out interesting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any 00 fans watch Awakening of a Trailblazer?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously what the **** were they thinking? :eyebrow:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    seed 43 :hmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So zaft tried repeatedly to destroy the arch angel with only 4MS and were unsucessful ...now the earth :federation: are doing the same thing but with 3 despite having the knowledge of why it didnt work before since it was their ship.:hmmm:

But all that stuff which hasnt featured the main characters hasnt been bad.:beard: Nice to see that deser guy back :giggle:, despite only having a scar where his eye was despite being blown up. But I can ignore that since he's a better character.:giggle:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    The last few eps of seed arnt too bad.:beard: More of a focus on the wider conflict then the young characters.:hmmm: That giant laser weapon is somewhat gruesome :erm: causing everyone to explode from the inside rather than just blowing everything up like the colony lasers did.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard of the new gundam AGE anime? It looks like crap...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    wing was particularly daft in this regard :erm: bending prison bars with your bare hands :wtf: come on now.

Going by what ive heard and odd images Ive seen, Im assuming G gundam is some kind of comedy.:erm:
    Ah come on its Heero Yuy of course he can bend prison bars lol! That boy can do anything did you not see him set his own bone without expressing any kind of pain? There's a reason why he's known as The Perfect Soldier.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally started watching Destiny and although they could have done way better with the first few episodes instead of basically rehashing SEED, I'm really looking forward to the Break the world incident.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished G Gundam tonight. Everyone must watch it. EVERYONE.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished G Gundam tonight. Everyone must watch it. EVERYONE.
    that good huh?:awesome:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    that good huh?:awesome:
    It's amazing. Seriously - so much fun!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    G is the only part of the franchise to feature a flight of Gundams which are also windmills. That alone makes it top-tier.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QHF)
    G is the only part of the franchise to feature a flight of Gundams which are also windmills. That alone makes it top-tier.
    Also only series in the franchise to have a Gundam piloted by a horse. A HORSE!

Also rhythmic gymnastics = badass.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    trailer for ep 4 of unicorn :teeth:

the new captain bright voice sounds good :beard:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2014
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.