The Student Room Group

How much will you revise in the Easter Holidays PER DAY?

This poll is closed

How many hours will you revise for over Easter Hols?

1 hours> 9%
3 hours> 28%
5 hours> 24%
7 hours> 16%
9 hours> 5%
10 hours< 11%
I won't revise over Easter.7%
Total votes: 268
Over the Easter Holidays how much are planning on revising, if at all? I'm talking specifically to AS and A2 level students here :biggrin:

EDIT: PER DAY! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1- 9 hours seem a bit low... There's gonna be a lot of more than 10 hours vote (before it was changed to per day....)
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh I thought it was per day, I'm gonna do 5 hours a day
Got 3 weeks hols, but 5 Alevels.
About 6 or 7 hours a day, with a few days holiday ofcourse.

Muffing is talking rubbish.
Reply 4
yeh interesting devisions, ofc its going to be more than 10 hours, I could do like 10 hours in 2 days =p. Its funny at GCSE I did none now I feel I need to so its more of a safety net thing.
Probably 8-ish hours per day.

Neg repped because...?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
As for per day, it would be 6 - 7.
Reply 7
Original post by muffingg
Whoever is seriously interested in getting good grades would study more than 10 hours for sure. Considering it is divided into 14 days !!

Your options should have been:

less than 5
5-10
10-15
15-20
20-30
30-40
40+

op must of meant over each day

p.s. lol at 10hrs a day.

If you wake up at 9, start revision at 10am, you'll be going until say 6. Then have dinner and you still hae 2hrs to go. Considering you suposed to take a break every hour or what ever it is, it would actually be after 8pm by the time you finish, then it nearly back to bed and do it all over again.

Don't talk ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
about 4hours a day, give or take... probably take :P
Reply 9
I usually feel comfortable with 2-4 hours a day and one day off a week.
Reply 10
Guys this is per day, sorry for being unspecific!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
3 hours a day.
When I was at school I did:

Weekdays: 9-12 2-5 7-10

Saturday: 9-12

Sunday: Off

The hardest part of revision is getting into a routine. Once you're in the swing of it, it's not too bad.

Good luck for your exams. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by arabcnesbit
When I was at school I did:

Weekdays: 9-12 2-5 7-10

Saturday: 9-12

Sunday: Off

The hardest part of revision is getting into a routine. Once you're in the swing of it, it's not too bad.

Good luck for your exams. :smile:

I understand the routine part. When I was younger I wasted my life playing this game called Runescape. Over Summer one time I tried to go for one of the hardest goals, 99 Runecrafting, I did 12 hours a day over two weeks. The first few days are horrible but then you get into a swing and it's not too bad.

I regret playing that game but it certainly taught me how to sit down for hours doing the same thing over and over again! :colone:
I'd aim to do about 4 hours a day on average, but I bet i'll just end up going out like every day and having to do just huge amounts on Sundays :/ ah well :P c'est la vie
I plan on Easter being my last holiday before some serious revision.

Edit: Would someone care to explain what's wrong with my work ethic? It's always worked for me in the past.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by manic_fuzz
I'd aim to do about 4 hours a day on average, but I bet i'll just end up going out like every day and having to do just huge amounts on Sundays :/ ah well :P c'est la vie

I often do that too. I plan on doing loads of revision but never actually do it. I'm going to REALLY try and change my attitude in this 'revision season'. :biggrin:
Damn, I just accidently voted 10 hours and realised it was over a day.

I'll probably revise about 3 hours each day, probably taking a day or two off every week.
Reply 18
Original post by mellie220
Damn, I just accidently voted 10 hours and realised it was over a day.

I'll probably revise about 3 hours each day, probably taking a day or two off every week.

I'll probably take 2-3 days off a week. I'll see how it goes :rolleyes:
I'm going to aim for at least 6 hours a day with sundays off But spankwire may put me off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending