The Student Room Group

How much will you revise in the Easter Holidays PER DAY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Might do 30 minutes per subject per day (AS), although 2 of my 7 exams will be over before Easter anyway :| which is terrifying.
Per day about 3 hours. But that's an average. I will have lazy days where it's an hour max or none, and others where it is head down for 4 or 5 hours.
It's not realistic to do more than a few hours everyday, but since I missed lots of lessons.....I need about 5+ hours a day to cover everything and get them As :colone:
Reply 83
Original post by Evanesyne
It's not realistic to do more than a few hours everyday, but since I missed lots of lessons.....I need about 5+ hours a day to cover everything and get them As :colone:

My theory is aim for as much as you can in the first day. I always think "I have two weeks left, why start now, I deserve a rest". And then hopefully the other days will follow. When you get nearer the exam every hour counts, I always end up thinking, "If only I did ONE more hour on this topic!" when I'm sitting in the exam hall staring at a question.
Original post by RobertWhite
My theory is aim for as much as you can in the first day. I always think "I have two weeks left, why start now, I deserve a rest". And then hopefully the other days will follow. When you get nearer the exam every hour counts, I always end up thinking, "If only I did ONE more hour on this topic!" when I'm sitting in the exam hall staring at a question.

I'll need to try that this time! I always leave it until the last minute and cram like hell. I'll still cram even if I do regular revision, because I'm so insecure that I haven't got all the information I need.
Reply 85
All my exams are in late june , so i don't see the point of revising every day now as i would probably forget what I'm revising, though I'm doing bits of revision here and there, so I'd probably on average do about 1 hour per day.
Reply 86
Original post by Evanesyne
I'll need to try that this time! I always leave it until the last minute and cram like hell. I'll still cram even if I do regular revision, because I'm so insecure that I haven't got all the information I need.

Same, and I usually end up doing very little indeed.
Reply 87
Original post by kashim91
All my exams are in late june , so i don't see the point of revising every day now as i would probably forget what I'm revising, though I'm doing bits of revision here and there, so I'd probably on average do about 1 hour per day.

If you read over everything, just a quick scan of what you've done, it imprints into your memory and you won't forget it. You will forget it if you revise it and just leave it for weeks. You, like me, are used to cramming, and so we remember a lot in periods close up to the exam.

For my last Psychology exam which I got 100% in I tried the other revision technique (not cramming). It obviously worked (I looked over my stuff each day that I'd revised) and I still remember most of it now, three months after the exam.
Reply 88
I'm going to aim for an 1 hour for each exam a day so around the 6 mark?
Reply 89
Original post by yesioo
I'm going to aim for an 1 hour for each exam a day so around the 6 mark?

Yeah, that's not bad. Personally, I'd be really happy if I could get in 1:30-2:00 hours for each exam I have (four exams).

I have Philosophy and Ethics, each module worth 50% but fairly similar stuff. So perhaps, 1:30-2:00 hours for that one and the same(ish) for the others.

So in total, 5-6 hours? Realistically I'll be getting in 2-4 I think. :K:
A couple of hours a day, with weekends and boyfriend's birthday off. Hopefully.
My German speaking is the first Thursday back after Easter, so can't really put it off. :frown:
I am going to do a single physics paper that i was set as homework. So divide that by no. of days and i get about 7 mins a day
Reply 92
Original post by (:Becca(:
A couple of hours a day, with weekends and boyfriend's birthday off. Hopefully.
My German speaking is the first Thursday back after Easter, so can't really put it off. :frown:

I'll of course take days off for social events, I love your sig, thumbs up for it! :tongue:
Reply 93
Yeah, that's not bad. Personally, I'd be really happy if I could get in 1:30-2:00 hours for each exam I have (four exams).

I have Philosophy and Ethics, each module worth 50% but fairly similar stuff. So perhaps, 1:30-2:00 hours for that one and the same(ish) for the others.

So in total, 5-6 hours? Realistically I'll be getting in 2-4 I think.

:highfive:

5-6 hours I think is as reasonable as it gets. People who do start revising 8 hours + now just tend to burn out. 6 hours is a school day so it's not to bad! :biggrin:
Reply 94
If you read over everything, just a quick scan of what you've done, it imprints into your memory and you won't forget it. You will forget it if you revise it and just leave it for weeks. You, like me, are used to cramming, and so we remember a lot in periods close up to the exam.

For my last Psychology exam which I got 100% in I tried the other revision technique (not cramming). It obviously worked (I looked over my stuff each day that I'd revised) and I still remember most of it now, three months after the exam.

Absolutely, and whats weird is, usually the more i revise for a subject the worse I do. I didn't revise for c3 and got 90% and got 79% in c4, i revised for biology and chemistry and got 72% and 74% respectively. I barely revised for physics and still got 83%. I dont read over my notes though, I just do a crash course which involves me skimming through the book, then going over past paper questions, as long as i do this a couple of weeks before the exam, I manage to remember it, my memory is getting worse by the day.
I'll of course take days off for social events, I love your sig, thumbs up for it! :tongue:

Thank you :biggrin:
Hour a day on biology to get ahead on the course this upcoming August :biggrin:
Reply 97
I lost motivation so this year i havnt tried that hard this year and dont understand bits of my course and my coursework is only a low B so i'm going to revise to the point of insanity.
15 hours per day- wake up at 5am and work until 8pm leaving one hour for fun then going to bed.

It might pay off or i might go round the bend .What do you think?
Reply 98
Original post by Gwennig
I lost motivation so this year i havnt tried that hard this year and dont understand bits of my course and my coursework is only a low B so i'm going to revise to the point of insanity.
15 hours per day- wake up at 5am and work until 8pm leaving one hour for fun then going to bed.

It might pay off or i might go round the bend .What do you think?

I don't think you or anyone else could pull that off. It's better to set realistic goals that you can achieve than ones you cannot. I can imagine you will burn out very quickly and stop all together. It's very often people do what you do and then completely lose motivation, or just drag through the hours, because it feels like they are doing a lot of work but actually not learning much. It's better to do less, so in your case 8 hours (maybe even less) and keep the motivation up, wanting to do more so you keep on learning. Waking up so early and going to bed so late, without considering washing, eating, relaxing, interruptions etc... is not good for you. You must wake up at a reasonable time, have a good breakfast, a nice bath/shower and start for the day. It's good to get exercise too.

What you have just stated is VERY unrealistic and will do you very little good.
5-6 hours per day.
9/10-12 and 2-5.

I am only taking 3 subjects at AS Level though, so it depends on how efficient your revision is and how many subjects you take!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending