The Student Room Group

Panicking about loans/tuition fees...

Hey! Theres probably a million threads out there covering this (sorry) but I wanted to get this clear so I can stop panicking about it!

I'm starting a degree in adult nursing in February 2012 in England (UCS).

So, have I got this right that the NHS pay for my tuition fees, then I apply through Student Finance for a loan, and the NHS for a bursary?

Do I have to apply for the tuition fees stuff?

And that's all presuming that nothing is announced in the next year?

Thanks guys!
Sian.
Reply 1
Don't panic!
Be calm in the certainty that it's the worst case scenario.

You apply to student finance for maintenance and tuition fees.
Then you apply for bursaries/grants/scholarships, which are subtracted from your student loan.

Whatever happens next year, it doesn't concern you if you start in september/october this year
Reply 2
I start in February 2012 (I'll start in September if someone drops out as they ran out of space)

I've just heard that the NHS pay for them automatically and you don't apply?
Reply 3
I'm not sure about that.

It's always best to apply now, then cancel later, rather than find out that you needed to apply.
Certainly, go see what the student loans company and the university say about the matter.
Reply 4
Okay, thanks for the help! xx
Reply 5
You don't get involve with the fees - the NHS pay them automatically, you don't have to apply for anything regarding that. You apply direct to NHS bursaries. You will receive a reference number from them and you use that with the forms you download from the website. As you will be receiving a means-tested bursary you can only apply for a reduced loan from student finance.
Reply 6
Original post by fibrebiz
I'm not sure about that.

It's always best to apply now, then cancel later, rather than find out that you needed to apply.
Certainly, go see what the student loans company and the university say about the matter.

No, as I said, it's all sorted behind the scenes and just done automatically.

Quick Reply

Latest