The Student Room Group

Liverpool med

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jimmypenny
But if you like it and think it will benefit you, do it. Aren't lessons supposed to be about learning things, rather than to just receive arbitrary numbers to get into university?
There is so much more to life than your A-Levels, honestly.
Original post by Jimmypenny
Unfortunately not many, so I guess you have a point. I guess it's more of a factor of if you like doing it or not.

MATHS IS FUN

if you like maths consider problems from the AEA or STEPI/II (III if you self teach more information) or learning additional maths stuff in your free time without tying yourself to more pointless examinations.
Reply 22
Original post by John Locke
if you like maths consider problems from the AEA or STEPI/II (III if you self teach more information) or learning additional maths stuff in your free time without tying yourself to more pointless examinations.

No one would be able to understand STEP questions if they self taught themselves unless they were a genius or had bags of time.

And there is also satisfaction from being successful in a subject you like, which comes with doing exams and doing well in them.
Original post by arunadindane
No one would be able to understand STEP questions if they self taught themselves unless they were a genius or had bags of time.

bore on, nobody gets taught how to do it. sicklos' booklets plus past paper questions would be very enjoyable to someone who wants to spend some free time doing mathematics. in any case this is for pleasure, not to try and do the actual exam. thinking about a hard problem is more interesting than blitzing some simple ones..

Original post by arunadindane
And there is also satisfaction from being successful in a subject you like, which comes with doing exams and doing well in them.

yeah if you're an achievement whore - does that mean you're enjoying the material itself or the feeling of 'winning' at it? in any case, i never said there wasn't, i was just saying there are more stimulating ways to learn about and enjoy a tangential subject you're interested in.

Quick Reply