The Student Room Group

Domino's pizza anyone???

Heyyy,
Has anyone tried Domino's pizza? And do you think its over-priced?

I work for this company and get complaints from customers about the price... £17 for a large pizza, how is this justifiable??

What do you have on your pizzas?

Random thread i know! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The price is just as unjustified as all other main take-aways anyway.

But who cares

IT'S SOOO NICEEEE

Had it once a week for the past 6 months i'd say, don't judge me.
(with my girlfriend or friends)

And to be fair, never, ever paid full price.
Two for tuesdays. The general deals on website, such as two large for so and so price, buy ;large pizza coke and chicken things for so and so price etc etc etc, all make the price closer to reasonable
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
They are lovely!
The menu prices are high, but dominos are obscenely generous with their vouchers. At uni we had a stack of about 40 voucher sheets and I get them through my door at home about once a month too. If there's a couple of you ordering, it's quite easy to get a large pizza for under a tenner each with the correct vouchers.

Regardless, Dominos are amazing. I'm a simple man to please with my order; BBQ Sauce on the base, ground beef and extra cheese is my order of choice, but I'll happily eat most things off the menu. All washed down with the godly creation that is garlic and herb dip =D
SO expensive, but we have so many deals at uni!!

Hawaiian always :smile:
Domino's are WINNING.
And at uni we get buy one get one free vouchers for any pizza. BI-WINNING.
Reply 6
I always blag buy one get one free at Domino's. So it's all good.
Reply 7
I actually prefer Pizza Hut, and also, Pizza Hut is slightly cheaper but as others have said, there are always vouchers or codes you can use so you don't have to pay full price. Even with a discount I think Dominos is overpriced, but me and pizza don't go well together :frown:
Reply 8
Garlic and herb is really superb?!?!? :wink: Have you tried the garlic pizza breads?
Reply 9
50% off at lancaster uni :smile: not gonna complain about that! plus the cookies are THE BEST!
I only get it (or pizza hut) if I can use a voucher from hotdealsuk.com
The branches around Warwick Uni always have a load of vouchers available - the main offers being BOGOF on large pizzas, 50% off on orders over £30 or £4.99 lunchtime specials on any large pizzas. You don't even need vouchers for these and all you need to do is just say the offer on the phone. This, in addition to a free personal pizza for about 3 weeks per year, free slices in the first week in the Freshers' fair and constant flyer/voucher drop offs throughout the year make it seem that Domino's has a big campus presence offering cheap food.

I would take it that most Domino's near many universities would have such aggressive offers.
Original post by Katiechops

Original post by Katiechops
Garlic and herb is really superb?!?!? :wink: Have you tried the garlic pizza breads?

Indeed it is, my standard order is a large pizza and 3 extra dips, making a total of 4 with the one the pizza comes with just for me [=

The garlic breads are nice, but too small for the price. I would be in actual heaven if they did one in the size of a medium pizza =P
Reply 13
**** off, I'm desperate for pizza but I'm short by 35p. :frown:
they are over priced but they do taste great, the extra toppings are a rip off because they hardly put any on and is costing you an extra £2, and the online ordering with only being able to make 2 moves (similar to chess) is ridiculous

I wouldn't turn down a domino's pizza
I'm all for the cinna stix... omg they are gooooood.

Reply 16
I have to say, I generally prefer Pizza Hut, but here in Iceland, a large three cheese pizza is going to cost over thirty pounds, so it's well beyond my price range. Dominos isn't too bad, nothing to write home about, but it does the job and is as cheap or dear as any pizza place in Reykjavík. No vouchers out here either.

Back in the UK, Pizza Hut all the way, baby.
Phone up, order pizza, tell them you've got a two for one voucher, get two large pizza's for £17.

Works every time.
Reply 18
Domino's is expensive (but you get what you pay for), so I generally only go on a Tuesday with a couple of friends and we get the Two for Tuesday deal :sogood: I definitely prefer it to Pizza Hut which, in my experience, can often be overcooked and plasticky as well as being tight when it comes to toppings not to mention it isn't a whole lot cheaper.

Mind you, I've had some very good pizzas from local kebab shops etc. and those are generally a good bit cheaper.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
The dips are 39p each arent they? ...or you could do 4 for £1, then youre getting more and saving money! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest