The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well i had an English teacher who i wouldn't have minded a spanking off....but apart form that, NO NO NO!!!
Reply 161
EmmaBurton
I'm from Ireland and it's not uncommon for girls to get the strap at church schools here.

They are breaking the law then! :eek:

See this excerpt from here; http://www.corpun.com/iesc9904.htm

ASTI delegates voted to mandate their union to demand that the Department of Education and Science provide a comprehensive code of discipline to schools.
The code would outline sanctions and procedures against students who assault or intimidate teachers or bully fellow students.
Delegates were told the need for such a code was heightened by the fact that corporal punishment had been abolished in 1982 and since 1996 was a criminal act.
Corporal punishment should be brought back immediately.

Every day in the papers are stories of teachers who have no means of controlling a class, of students completely out of control, of intimidation of teachers, of pupils spouting about their "rights" and thinking nothing of any responsibilities, of teachers scared to take any action for fear of a culture of complain from thugs who "know their rights", of the development of school cultures where its shameful to be clever or diligent.

Re-introduce corporal punishment and bring in tough, no-nonsense teachers. Preferably ex-soldiers, though I guess that's not always entirely possible.

Not only will the impacts on the education system be positive, but it will stop the slide in to the culture of yobs with no respect, doing what they please. It will hopefully restore some order and decency back in to society. The ASBO-society, where court orders are now needed to enforce basic standards of human behaviour needs tackling at the very root which is the education system.

Obviously, physical punishment should be regulated and not gratuitous, but it needs to be there as an option.
Reply 163
JonathanH

Every day in the papers are stories of teachers who have no means of controlling a class, of students completely out of control, of intimidation of teachers, of pupils spouting about their "rights" and thinking nothing of any responsibilities, of teachers scared to take any action for fear of a culture of complain from thugs who "know their rights", of the development of school cultures where its shameful to be clever or diligent.

That is sensationalist media propaganda as it's worst - there is the odd school where this scenario is played out but that is due to poor management rather than anything else.

A school which has an 'assertive discipline' policy, based on mutual respect does not have a need for corporal punishment since other sanctions are successful in maintaining good behaviour environments.
Reply 164
You know all this is really funny to me.

I spent all 4 years at a miltary high school...you guys are worried about getting smacke with a rulaer? That's nothing. I was used to getting "blazed" (punched in the chest) for doing thing wrong by seniors (in high school). Big ones.

As far as i'm concerned we need more schools like this. I say this as someone who was disciplined much more harshly than any real theory you guys have mentioned so far.
Reply 165
djchak
You know all this is really funny to me.

I spent all 4 years at a miltary high school...you guys are worried about getting smacke with a rulaer? That's nothing. I was used to getting "blazed" (punched in the chest) for doing thing wrong by seniors (in high school). Big ones.

As far as i'm concerned we need more schools like this. I say this as someone who was disciplined much more harshly than any real theory you guys have mentioned so far.

And what has that brutality taught you?
Reply 166
yawn
And what has that brutality taught you?

What do you mean? :confused:

Getting a punch in the chest (one of average force, enough to cuase a minor beruise at best) is not "brutality". And getting it becuase you knowingly broke the rules or failed to do what you were supposed to is not "brutality".

Brutality is violence in the extreme, un controlled. :eek:

That was measured discipline.
and it teaches a lesson!!!
Katie M
Who would like to get the cane? it would really hurt.

Go to www.spankingblog.com and find out. My girlfriend liked it anyway :wink:
lesser weevil

bet he didnt get it wromg or break the rules again?

the little s**ts who are in our schools today could do with harsh dicipline, its no wonder we need teachers quite badly who'd want to teach a load of abusive "i didnt do my homework ask me about it and ill call you racist" snots
Brown Eyed Girl
bet he didnt get it wromg or break the rules again?

the little s**ts who are in our schools today could do with harsh dicipline, its no wonder we need teachers quite badly who'd want to teach a load of abusive "i didnt do my homework ask me about it and ill call you racist" snots

sorry that was me she was logged in on my pc
Reply 171
lesser weevil

I would still like to know what it teaches the victim.

To brutalise others in the same way?

Latest

Trending

Trending