The Student Room Group

Best waterproof mascara?

Probably the hardest product to find that is half decent so I call upon you lovely beauty addicts.

I'll be swimming a lot this summer so I want one that won't give me big black rings under my eyes!

Any recommendations?
Reply 1
I use Maybelline Colossal mascara - it's the one in the yellow tube. It's got a really nice big brush and volumises my eyelashes. Can't really find anything wrong with it.
Reply 2
Maybelline Colossal Volume is great for when it's raining or minor contact with water, but it can flake off really badly underwater. I mostly use Maxfactor Masterpiece Waterproof - perfect lashes and doesn't budge at all, or Rimmel Waterproof Volume Flash Mascara. Only problem is removing them!
Maybelline New York Great Lash Waterproof Mascara. This longtime best-selling mascara with the iconic pink tube received the highest score in our lab's waterproof test demonstrating its ability to resist smudging. :tongue:
Reply 4
I'm such a cry baby and my mascara goes running. Best ones are the ones mentionned above tbh. Maybeline Collosal is a classic and Max factor's water proof perfect lashes does the job too. For a few quid more. Think it's better than Maybelline's but that's probably because I'm bored of the look it's been giving me through out the years.
Reply 5
I've been swimming with this on:

Max Factor false lash 'waterproof'. I purchased some last summer, in a bid to find a new mascara. Obv. took it off before bed, but it was a mare lol. It wasn't budging. lol
Reply 7
Original post by chasmith0323
Maybelline New York Great Lash Waterproof Mascara. This longtime best-selling mascara with the iconic pink tube received the highest score in our lab's waterproof test demonstrating its ability to resist smudging. :tongue:

I ended up using this on holiday (I got on the plane before people started replying to this thread!) and it was okay.. smudged below my eyes even though I didn't put any on my bottom lashes. But that could have just been because I was in Florida and it was 90F. Now I'm back in England I have my regular make up on (non-water proof mascara on the bottom lashes and everything) and my make up hasn't smudged.

Damn me for sweating :P
Reply 8
Like the first poster, I use Maybelline New York- The colossal volum' express waterproof.

(thick yellow with a blue ribbon around it).

It is AMAZING.
I go swimming every day, in the showers and underwater with no goggles on, and it has never run once. (And I put quite a lot of it on). It also doesn't go lumpy and keeps my lashes seperate even after going underwater.
Seriously reccomend it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Kitten
Like the first poster, I use Maybelline New York- The colossal volum' express waterproof.

(thick yellow with a blue ribbon around it).

It is AMAZING.
I go swimming every day, in the showers and underwater with no goggles on, and it has never run once. (And I put quite a lot of it on). It also doesn't go lumpy and keeps my lashes seperate even after going underwater.
Seriously reccomend it :smile:

really? thats surprise because i was using Volume express waterproof from maybelline and decided to try The colossal waterproof but it isnt waterproof with me..if i go take a shower it smudges.. so weird,i always hear so many compliments about this mascara :confused:

edit:
just realized mine dont have a blue ribbon.. mine is this one in the picture..and it says waterproof too ,like the blue one

i saw online in many sites both mascaras blue and purple details..anyone knows the difference? both says waterproof
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Maybelline Colossal mascara

Edit:This seriously NEVER comes off, unless you use wipes/removing oil. I even tried scrubbing it to see if it works- it's awesome.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CandyCandy
really? thats surprise because i was using Volume express waterproof from maybelline and decided to try The colossal waterproof but it isnt waterproof with me..if i go take a shower it smudges.. so weird,i always hear so many compliments about this mascara :confused:

edit:
just realized mine dont have a blue ribbon.. mine is this one in the picture..and it says waterproof too ,like the blue one

i saw online in many sites both mascaras blue and purple details..anyone knows the difference? both says waterproof

I have this, for some reason mine isn't waterproof..? When I wash it off with water it comes off easily.
Original post by ScarletMoon

Edit:This seriously NEVER comes off, unless you use wipes/removing oil. I even tried scrubbing it to see if it works- it's awesome.

I use this!!! Even with wipes/removing oil I struggle to get it off. It doesnt move at all. But on the plus side. if I forget to take it off when I'm drunk, I dont wake up with panda eyes!!!
Original post by ScarletMoon
I have this, for some reason mine isn't waterproof..? When I wash it off with water it comes off easily.

mine too, im just confused that it says waterproof in it but at same time i see another one of this waterproof mascara but blue detailed besides of purple..so i wonder if is somethign wrong or is another edition of this product:confused:
Get your eyelashes tinted :smile:

It lasts a few weeks, so it works out pretty cheap.

Quick Reply

Latest